TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

Default Re: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

Soon the robots will be taking over.

Totally agree with the evangelical part.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    It amazes me the number of you guys who are still dwelling on this. It's in the past and done with. Time to move on! I feel like some of you sit at home in your basements, staring in the mirror, rubbing peanut butter on your junk and killing live chickens in an attempt to rid the world of any and all history of CTS at Georgia Southern.
    This all sounds oddly specific.

4. Default Re: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    This all sounds oddly specific.

Yeah.

I think I just found Pike’s camera.....

Sure wish he had gotten the number of chickens right.

That’s the important part.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    It amazes me the number of you guys who are still dwelling on this. It's in the past and done with. Time to move on! I feel like some of you sit at home in your basements, staring in the mirror, rubbing peanut butter on your junk and killing live chickens in an attempt to rid the world of any and all history of CTS at Georgia Southern.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Makes me think of something else...... Something which could explain why they chose CTS with seemingly such thin qualifications.

I think a major part of the interview has become religious practice.

TS was an evangelical. CL is too.....

Nothing wrong with that... But I think some of the big donors might have made that a sort of litmus test. I am a Christian, but I recognize we are not a religious school. I donít think any potential future hireís religion should enter into the equation when interviewing.

Donít get me wrong. I like seeing the players kneeling in prayer before a game. I like the mission trip idea and all. Iím a fan of CL and the way he lives his life. But I am concerned that if we make evangelism a pre-condition of employment for a HC, we will be limiting ourselves.

I can see that being a possible factor which may have put CTS over finish line with a few big money donors who might have had input into the interview process. That causes me concern. CTS was in no way qualified to be here. His evangelism didnít make him any better of a coach, but I really get the feeling it helped him get the job.

Not all good coaches are religious, and many potential recruits are turned off by evangelism. We better be careful with that. Iíd like to make sure we arenít limiting the program in that way. Some good players are Muslim. Some are atheist. I hope we arenít limiting ourselves.
    SMH...So now itís a new theory...big boosters dictating we have to have an evangelical coach. Where do you come up with this stuff? When youíre doing that stuff with the peanut butter and the chickens?
    No matter what, itís working out pretty good so far for us. And it seems to be working okay for Dabo and Clemson.

7. Default Re: It's a small world vs. dead horse beating

Just saying..... Itís not for everyone.

Could be a coincidence.

I just feel like we will be limiting ourselves if we focus on religion too much. Itís great for those who are into it, but a turn off for many college age kids.

We donít need to be limiting our talent pool in any way. Pretty sure Sweeney has a much larger pool. Dabo could worship saltines and still get whomever he wants after last season.

I hope we are making everyone feel comfortable and motivated to play for us. We need to lose zero recruits. We need no more good players transferring out.

Religion is a binary issue. You are down with it, or you are not. Letís not confuse it with football. We are not a religious school. We are not Liberty.

BTW.... I do the chickens every Tuesday, right after Jeopardy. Come on over! You bring the PBR and jalapeŮo poppers, Iíll bring six hens!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    SMH...So now it’s a new theory...big boosters dictating we have to have an evangelical coach. Where do you come up with this stuff?
    He's smoking some good stuff apparently.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

So Summers was a plant from Kirby Smart, and we hired Lunsford because he's religious.

I too wish I could start my weekend on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    So Summers was a plant from Kirby Smart, and we hired Lunsford because he's religious.

I too wish I could start my weekend on Thursday.
    Become a pilot and then you can!