TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 85

Thread: ULM

  1. #51

    Default Re: ULM

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Why is Rodney the Teflon manager? He does less with more than any coach in the conference.
    because year in and year out he is competitive and wins, graduates kids.

  2. #52

    Default Re: ULM

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    because year in and year out he is competitive and wins, graduates kids.
    +1. 20 years of consistency with the program. Hard to find a better program at our level of funding that has done better.

  3. #53

    Default Re: ULM

    Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    +1. 20 years of consistency with the program. Hard to find a better program at our level of funding that has done better.
    No, It would not be that hard.

    Troy got an at-large bid just last season.
    Stetson won an NCAA regional last season.
    Davidson won an NCAA regional a couple of seasons ago.
    Stony Brook made it to the CWS.
    Former SoCon mates like Elon, Samford CofC, and App Sate have all gotten at-large bids since the last time we've gotten one.

    Not expecting something like that even every few years, but basically all we've got as an accomplishment is getting hot in a few conference tournaments. It's not like we ought to be a regional team every season but we need to be more than what we are.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

    If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

  4. Default Re: ULM

    We should be able to get at least an at large bid every year or every few years. No excuses at this point

  5. #55

    Default Re: ULM

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    No, It would not be that hard.

    Troy got an at-large bid just last season.
    Stetson won an NCAA regional last season.
    Davidson won an NCAA regional a couple of seasons ago.
    Stony Brook made it to the CWS.
    Former SoCon mates like Elon, Samford CofC, and App Sate have all gotten at-large bids since the last time we've gotten one.

    Not expecting something like that even every few years, but basically all we've got as an accomplishment is getting hot in a few conference tournaments. It's not like we ought to be a regional team every season but we need to be more than what we are.
    Bingo. At this point, what’s the harm in trying someone new?

  6. #56

    Default Re: ULM

    Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    +1. 20 years of consistency with the program. Hard to find a better program at our level of funding that has done better.
    You can’t be serious. At our level? We recruit in Georgia, one of the best states for baseball talent. We’ve been to multiple CWS. We are in a multi-bid conference. Yet, every single season we are eliminated from an at large bid before April.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  7. #57

    Default Re: ULM

    The most “consistent” part of our baseball program is mediocrity.

  8. #58

    Default Re: ULM

    So, how is Troy doing this year. Is that all Rodney needs to do is have one good year and then he can bomb the next? I’m not saying that I like the way we are going right now but I’m glad we are very competitive against some good competition. This past weekend was a bust but there are only 2 other games that we lost that we shouldn’t have. When you say consistent that is what you mean. Not a one shot deal. Look at his record over 20 years, not one year. If you like yo yo seasons where you win one year and then bust the next, go ahead and fire him. I am pretty sure Rodney is not satisfied with the way the team performed this past weekend nor should he be. I understand the fan base frustration but I don’t understand going after a guy who has done a lot for our University and program. Look at how far we have come and our program is highly respected around the region. We graduate good kids and have a solid team GPA, usually one of the tops in the Athletic department. That should count for a lot of wins.

  9. #59

    Default Re: ULM

    Consistently mediocre. Yay.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  10. #60

    Default Re: ULM

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    No, It would not be that hard.

    Troy got an at-large bid just last season.
    Stetson won an NCAA regional last season.
    Davidson won an NCAA regional a couple of seasons ago.
    Stony Brook made it to the CWS.
    Former SoCon mates like Elon, Samford CofC, and App Sate have all gotten at-large bids since the last time we've gotten one.

    Not expecting something like that even every few years, but basically all we've got as an accomplishment is getting hot in a few conference tournaments. It's not like we ought to be a regional team every season but we need to be more than what we are.
    This, it is probably time to roll the dice.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •