TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 69

Thread: SB Nation: 2019 Georgia Southern Football Preview

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sugar Hill, Ga
    Posts
    10,502

    Default Re: SB Nation: 2019 Georgia Southern Football Preview

    Didn’t feel like this was tweet was worthy of an individual thread so here you go .....


  2. Default Re: SB Nation: 2019 Georgia Southern Football Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Minnesota is not a toss up.
    You’re telling me a team that a lot of folks predict to compete for the B1G West isn’t a toss up against Georgia Southern?

    In all seriousness, I think we can make them uncomfortable. But I think our chances are going to be limited and we’ll have to play near perfect on offense to stay in the game. Minnesota’s line is huge, the biggest in the country last year. I suspect they’ll go after us like they did Tech, pounding the rock against an overmatched defensive line keeping our offense on the sidelines. If we can shut down the run, it’ll be a great game. If we get overmatched by their line, it could be a long day.

  3. #53

    Default Re: SB Nation: 2019 Georgia Southern Football Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    I am glad he only lasted one game (the Serv Pro skit was classic), but he was undefeated. If he had been a proponent of the flex option under center he might still be around. Lol
    Like it never happened.
    Lee Jones
    C/O 2012
    B.M. in Music Ed
    Crawford, Ga
    Section 110

    OAS AAS LLS

  4. Default Re: SB Nation: 2019 Georgia Southern Football Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    You’re telling me a team that a lot of folks predict to compete for the B1G West isn’t a toss up against Georgia Southern?

    In all seriousness, I think we can make them uncomfortable. But I think our chances are going to be limited and we’ll have to play near perfect on offense to stay in the game. Minnesota’s line is huge, the biggest in the country last year. I suspect they’ll go after us like they did Tech, pounding the rock against an overmatched defensive line keeping our offense on the sidelines. If we can shut down the run, it’ll be a great game. If we get overmatched by their line, it could be a long day.
    Don’t think that their head coach won’t recount to his team how GS destroyed his team in Paulson a few years ago.

  5. Default Re: SB Nation: 2019 Georgia Southern Football Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by TiftEagle View Post
    Don’t think that their head coach won’t recount to his team how GS destroyed his team in Paulson a few years ago.
    Possibly, but he certainly got his revenge pretty quickly the following season.

  6. #56

    Default Re: SB Nation: 2019 Georgia Southern Football Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Possibly, but he certaily got his revenge pretty quickly the following season.
    Against a CTS team which was more like winning by forfeit.

  7. #57

    Default Re: SB Nation: 2019 Georgia Southern Football Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    You’re telling me a team that a lot of folks predict to compete for the B1G West isn’t a toss up against Georgia Southern?

    In all seriousness, I think we can make them uncomfortable. But I think our chances are going to be limited and we’ll have to play near perfect on offense to stay in the game. Minnesota’s line is huge, the biggest in the country last year. I suspect they’ll go after us like they did Tech, pounding the rock against an overmatched defensive line keeping our offense on the sidelines. If we can shut down the run, it’ll be a great game. If we get overmatched by their line, it could be a long day.
    and another note, they were one of the youngest D1 teams last year. I like our chances vs them more than LSU.

  8. Default Re: SB Nation: 2019 Georgia Southern Football Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    and another note, they were one of the youngest D1 teams last year. I like our chances vs them more than LSU.


    But Buzz says there's no chance.

    He says the sun's gonna explode.....

    (How sure are we that Buzz isn't a plant?? )

  9. #59

    Default Re: SB Nation: 2019 Georgia Southern Football Preview

    Tyson Summers has distorted people's view of how we match up with non-blue-blood Power 5s.

    Here's a list of those games (I count Florida since they had a major down year).

    1999 Oregon State (7-5) (lost by 7 after Greg Hill is hurt late)
    2009 UNC (lost by 30) *losing season*
    2013 Florida (won by 6)
    2014 NC State (lost at the last minute)
    2014 Georgia Tech (lost at the last minute)
    2015 WVU (didn't compete)
    2016 Ole Miss (lost by 10) *losing season*
    2016 Georgia Tech (lost by 11) *losing season*
    2017 Indiana (lost by a lot) *losing season*
    Even catching so many of these teams on down years (half of them are on losing seasons when losing seasons are nowhere close to half of our seasons all time) we compete with them.

    Minnesota was a 6-6 team last year. We'll be a dog and should be, but a 10-15 point one.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    REgardling football Scheduling.

  10. #60

    Default Re: SB Nation: 2019 Georgia Southern Football Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    Didn’t feel like this was tweet was worthy of an individual thread so here you go .....

    This is why I shake my head at those that say Miami fell in Appys lap. They made it happen. We are jumping through hoops with 3 different dates to accommodate Ole Miss.

    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th October 2018, 08:12 AM
  2. 2016 Georgia Southern Football Preview - SB Nation
    By ditka4prez in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13th March 2016, 07:31 PM
  3. SBNation 2014 Georgia Southern Football Preview
    By Klak in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12th February 2014, 09:37 PM
  4. 2009 Georgia Southern Football Preview Show
    By EagleInfo in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th August 2009, 04:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •