TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keith Gill - New Sun Belt Commissioner

Default Re: Keith Gill - New Sun Belt Commissioner

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I agree, but I donít want to play it at Ga State, either.
    If they earn it why not, heck we can outnumber them there too! I guess I'm of the PJ school of thought, if you don't want that to happen beat them and don't let it happen.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

2. Default Re: Keith Gill - New Sun Belt Commissioner

Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    If they earn it why not, heck we can outnumber them there too! I guess I'm of the PJ school of thought, if you don't want that to happen beat them and don't let it happen.
    Yeah, well, unfortunately I am not on the court making an impact on the end result of each game, but I am the one that has to find a way to attend the tournament or watch it on ESPN so that school of thought means nothing to me personally, so I just assume it not be Ga State, JMHO.

I seriously doubt we would outnumber them there considering we usually have one to two dozen fans in attendance every year we play there, and thatís with several months notice.

I would much rather play them in Atlanta than NOLA. But, they also may end up playing in Hanner. That would be epic, like CYs last game in Hanner. We do FB championship game that way and I think it is great.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    I would much rather play them in Atlanta than NOLA. But, they also may end up playing in Hanner. That would be epic, like CYs last game in Hanner. We do FB championship game that way and I think it is great.
    There is Gwinnett Arena in Duluth and its a first rate venue. I highly doubt State Farm Arena would be available due to NBA and/or other events but thatíd be marquee.

Itíd be great for the SBC for recruiting too.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    There is Gwinnett Arena in Duluth and its a first rate venue. I highly doubt State Farm Arena would be available due to NBA and/or other events but that’d be marquee.

It’d be great for the SBC for recruiting too.
    How many fans will go to Infinite on a Tuesday night for the Sun Belt early round game? About the same as NOLA - 100. All these venues are too large for a conference not many care about. Just keep it at the home court of the #1 seed. It works in football why not basketball?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

6. Default Re: Keith Gill - New Sun Belt Commissioner

Hopefully, the new guy will do well.

I have been very displeased with how we have been treated by the sunbelt ever since joined. From officiating to scheduling, itís clear we arenít appreciated in this conference.

Maybe this fella will see an opportunity to treat everyone equally. Tired of seeing Gag get every possible break.

I also wish he would look at moving some football teams to the west. Never had made any sense for us, App, and Troy to all be in the east and most of the west are total scrubs by comparison.

Has any team in the west ever been ranked?

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

I have been very displeased with how we have been treated by the sunbelt ever since joined. From officiating to scheduling, it’s clear we aren’t appreciated in this conference.

Maybe this fella will see an opportunity to treat everyone equally. Tired of seeing Gag get every possible break.

I also wish he would look at moving some football teams to the west. Never had made any sense for us, App, and Troy to all be in the east and most of the west are total scrubs by comparison.

Only two Sun Belt teams have ever been ranked- Troy at #25 in the AP poll in 2016 and App State at #25 in the AP poll in 2018.

8. Default Re: Keith Gill - New Sun Belt Commissioner

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    Only two Sun Belt teams have ever been ranked- Troy at #25 in the AP poll in 2016 and App State at #25 in the AP poll in 2018.
    And we beat both of them during their ranked seasons.

I have been very displeased with how we have been treated by the sunbelt ever since joined. From officiating to scheduling, it’s clear we aren’t appreciated in this conference.

You are kidding right?

10. Default Re: Keith Gill - New Sun Belt Commissioner

It’s not like SB East programs have a long or consistent history of getting ranked. Just two programs have done it and neither cracked the top 24.

However, one program has been the SBC Champions 5 of the last 7 years and they are in the SB West.