TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Keith Gill - New Sun Belt Commissioner

  1. #11

    Default Re: Keith Gill - New Sun Belt Commissioner

    Parker Executive Search in Atlanta was hired to do the search. Georgia State's president is also Sunbelt President. Do the math.

  2. #12

    Default Re: Keith Gill - New Sun Belt Commissioner

    So he wouldn't bend on academics to let marginal kids in. I know there's more in the article but that stuck out to me considering our past troubles with apr and the likes.

  3. #13

    Default Re: Keith Gill - New Sun Belt Commissioner

    IMO, not a very impressive hire. The Belt is a football driven conference.

  4. #14

    Default Re: Keith Gill - New Sun Belt Commissioner

    Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    IMO, not a very impressive hire. The Belt is a football driven conference.
    Pretty underwhelming. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Benson, compare resumes at time of hire. Will be pulling for him regardless because what other option is there.

  5. #15

    Default Re: Keith Gill - New Sun Belt Commissioner

    Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Pretty underwhelming. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Benson, compare resumes at time of hire. Will be pulling for him regardless because what other option is there.
    Wasnít Benson commissioner of a conference that folded before he came to the Sun Belt?

  6. #16

    Default Re: Keith Gill - New Sun Belt Commissioner

    Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Wasn’t Benson commissioner of a conference that folded before he came to the Sun Belt?
    Yes, but there was nothing he could do about that. The Mountain West raided the WAC and there weren't any FCS move-ups available to backfill.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    REgardling football Scheduling.

  7. #17

    Default Re: Keith Gill - New Sun Belt Commissioner

    Well to be honest Benson was not well liked throughout the Sun Belt. So if this guy comes in and ain't the cat's meow then no harm no foul. As long as we don't take any steps backwards I'll be pleased.

  8. #18

    Default Re: Keith Gill - New Sun Belt Commissioner

    The bar isn't very high. This new guy will do fine.

  9. #19

    Default Re: Keith Gill - New Sun Belt Commissioner

    Played 4 years of FB at Duke and was at OK for a couple of years. He understands FB. I think though he will work on elevating our BB tournament. Right now, the NOLA is not working as far as a tournament destination for the league. I would move it back to highest seed hosts game and hope for the best. Just my opinion and probably not well thought out but to play the game in front of 100 people doesn’t seem like tournament atmosphere to me.

  10. Default Re: Keith Gill - New Sun Belt Commissioner

    Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Played 4 years of FB at Duke and was at OK for a couple of years. He understands FB. I think though he will work on elevating our BB tournament. Right now, the NOLA is not working as far as a tournament destination for the league. I would move it back to highest seed hosts game and hope for the best. Just my opinion and probably not well thought out but to play the game in front of 100 people doesnít seem like tournament atmosphere to me.
    I agree, but I donít want to play it at Ga State, either.

Similar Threads

  1. Sun Belt Conference commissioner Karl Benson
    By ValleyBoy in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29th October 2014, 07:40 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th January 2014, 11:17 PM
  3. Will Keel contact Sun Belt commissioner Benson?
    By GATA ERK in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 14th April 2012, 10:44 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •