TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Menís Golf - Schenkel Invitational 2019

Default Re: Menís Golf - Schenkel Invitational 2019

Does this win give us enough to get an at large bid?
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

2. Default Re: Menís Golf - Schenkel Invitational 2019

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    doesnt that make Fisk the winningest GS golfer in our history?
    Tied with Jodie Mudd.

Great final round no doubt, but the field was weak. It has been declining in strength for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    Great final round no doubt, but the field was weak. It has been declining in strength for several years.
    weak field or not, we tied Alabama's 2012 record for lowest score ever.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    weak field or not, we tied Alabama's 2012 record for lowest score ever.
    To clarify, the record we tied was for lowest single-day team score. That Alabama team went 48-under for the tournament.

As for those wondering about the field, it was definitely a bit down this year. But you play the course more than the other teams and -26 under stands up to plenty of winning scores from years with much deeper fields. And the fact that only two schools managed better than -3 for the tournament says even more about how dominant we were on Sunday.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    To clarify, the record we tied was for lowest single-day team score. That Alabama team went 48-under for the tournament.

As for those wondering about the field, it was definitely a bit down this year. But you play the course more than the other teams and -26 under stands up to plenty of winning scores from years with much deeper fields. And the fact that only two schools managed better than -3 for the tournament says even more about how dominant we were on Sunday.
    Exactly.

Excellent post! Some people could win a million dollars and be disappointed they didn’t win a billion. That final round is one heck of a round and I don’t care who is or isn’t in the tourney! Josh Aubrey’s interviews were really good and showed the emotion these guys have and then to control that for 4 hours plus hitting golf shots is amazing. I followed Brett Baron some on Saturday morning and enjoyed talking with his dad. Brett was so close all morning to making something happen and he would just miss. I remember 2 years ago as a Fr going into the final round with the lead and he just fell apart on that final day. His dad recalled that day painfully. I know yesterday had to be especially sweet for that family with Brett finishing 7 under bogey free round. He had a heck of a tournament. There’s a proud Dad named Chuck somewhere today!

i am not sure if the course sets up harder or easier now than it was in the past. I do admit though, when I read the final scores from the tourney, I could not help but remember driving the Oklahoma State team back to the airport in the 80’s.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

9. Default Re: Menís Golf - Schenkel Invitational 2019

Sorry to be late to the party but saw this thread and wanted to share the highlights and interviews for those interested. Great playing by the Eagles Sunday and plenty of emotions afterward.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hovZEv313u8

So glad the guys came through what a weekend for GS golf. The privilege I had in meeting the former GS golf greats out at the University Coruse and to see their comradery then for those guys to go over and watch the team win. Wow, pretty cool.