TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL FA

Default Re: NFL FA

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Ok now I am little less worried about an Eagle getting cut but it does appear that Brieda and Coleman will be fighting for the #2 spot.

SF didn’t just sign Coleman for $5 mil a year to be 3rd string. Either McKinnon or Brieda will probably be a loser in this situation. Coleman was signed to battle for the starting job. Brieda is probably safe for the simple fact he’s so cheap. A lot will depend on what they decide to do about Mostert.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Ok, after I post this I'll duck. Breida appears "fragile", seems to get dinged up a lot. 49'ers looking for some insurance. The HC knows the guy, the guy knows the offense, no brainer on 49'ers part.
    You're not wrong.

What about Jeff Wilson, Jr.? He was getting most of the carries at the end of the season when Breida struggled to stay healthy.
    Josiah McDaniel
    B.S. in Journalism, 2003
    Statesboro, GA
    "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." --I Corinthians 13:11

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Mostert is a restricted free agent. The 49ers can still match what another team offers him.
    Yeah I didn't bother mentioning that (actually typed it and deleted it) since he didn't sign their one year offer. Figure the likelihood of them matching a multiyear contract (if he's offered one) is low with the Coleman signing, which itself was probably their response to Mostert entering the market. If he doesn't get an offer then he'll play out the year in SF but most likely mostly ST and reserve RB.

When is Breida due for a new contract?
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Breida becomes an RFA next season. The 49er's had almost $70M in cap space heading into free agency.

7. Default Re: NFL FA

The Eagles are looking for a rb and Breida is a good possibility

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Breida becomes an RFA next season. The 49er's had almost $70M in cap space heading into free agency.
    Quote Originally Posted by acm85 View Post
    The Eagles are looking for a rb and Breida is a good possibility
    My Atlanta Falcons need more depth at RB and could use a guy like him. Freeman is injury prone due to concussions the way he runs and second year player Ito Smith is risky to go with full time if Freeman gets injured or concussed.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    My Atlanta Falcons need more depth at RB and could use a guy like him. Freeman is injury prone due to concussions the way he runs and second year player Ito Smith is risky to go with full time if Freeman gets injured or concussed.
    They signed that guy that went to Oregon. Are the Falcons bright enough to actually get someone they could use?
    There was an article where Coleman said SF has a 4x100 relay team in the backfield now.
    Mostert apparently did re-sign and got a three year deal. The one year deal they originally offered when they couldn't come to terms on a multiyear deal was more than Breida's entire three year contract.
    I don't think SF had to match anything, his agent said "despite strong interest elsewhere....." which means he might've gotten a dose of reality.
    https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2019...kyle-shanahan/

10. Default Re: NFL FA

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    SF didn’t just sign Coleman for $5 mil a year to be 3rd string. Either McKinnon or Brieda will probably be a loser in this situation. Coleman was signed to battle for the starting job. Brieda is probably safe for the simple fact he’s so cheap. A lot will depend on what they decide to do about Mostert.
    I wonder if McKinnon’s injury is worse than we know.