TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL FA

Default NFL FA

Just got the news RB Tevin Coleman is heading to San Fran. Quite literally the last place I wanted Tevin to go, was hoping it would be the McKinnon Breida 1-2 punch. I guess it makes sense considering how much Shanahan loved Coleman when he was here in ATL. Guess we gotta wait till preseason now.

2. Default Re: NFL FA

Well that’s disappointing.

Default Re: NFL FA

That's dumb, they have 3 RB's already. One who was taking a lot of Brieda's carries until he broke his hand/wrist.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

They are probably looking to move Jet. Breida is better than Coleman, so he would start.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

5. Default Re: NFL FA

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    They are probably looking to move Jet. Breida is better than Coleman, so he would start.
    Yeah I think Jet is gone, they save 3.7 million by cutting Jet and only owe Breida 645k so the math says our hope of a GS backfield in SF maybe over.
    "Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."

Colin Powell

McKinnon is staying. Mostert was offered a one year deal but did not sign it and is electing to check out the free agent market for a mulityear deal. Morris who they brought in last year when McKinnon went down is also a FA and is expected to leave, might even retire. The Coleman signing is to keep them at three backs.

I honestly think Breida and McKinnon could beat out Coleman in a 3-man competition. I watch all the Falcons games, and Coleman isn't a feature back. He's a great change of pace player, but he's not going to be getting the bulk of the work anywhere he goes unless he improves greatly or has the Dallas O-line.

Ok, after I post this I'll duck. Breida appears "fragile", seems to get dinged up a lot. 49'ers looking for some insurance. The HC knows the guy, the guy knows the offense, no brainer on 49'ers part.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    McKinnon is staying. Mostert was offered a one year deal but did not sign it and is electing to check out the free agent market for a mulityear deal. Morris who they brought in last year when McKinnon went down is also a FA and is expected to leave, might even retire. The Coleman signing is to keep them at three backs.
    Ok now I am little less worried about an Eagle getting cut but it does appear that Brieda and Coleman will be fighting for the #2 spot.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post

Mostert is a restricted free agent. The 49ers can still match what another team offers him.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.