TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 306

Thread: SunBelt Basketball Tournament Thread

  1. #231

    Default Re: SunBelt Basketball Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    8 days ago we were projected as a 14 seed before we lost 2 of three in a week.
    And looked like cow patties doing so.

  2. #232

    Default Re: SunBelt Basketball Tournament Thread

    I don’t know how many of you listen to the Georgia Southern extra podcast but Greg Talbots and Travis Jaudon had a great conversation about what went wrong Saturday night.

  3. #233
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sugar Hill, Ga
    Posts
    9,867

    Default Re: SunBelt Basketball Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I don’t know how many of you listen to the Georgia Southern extra podcast but Greg Talbots and Travis Jaudon had a great conversation about what went wrong Saturday night.
    What went wrong isn’t a mystery. This isn’t directed at you but simply commenting in regards to our season overall as this SBC tournament game vs UTA was a microcosm of what happened all year.

    Players didn’t make enough plays in crunch time situations and Coach B didn’t make enough meaningful strategic adjustments or in-game decisions to put us over the proverbial “hump”.

    I DO believe he is the right man for the job and CAN get us over that hump. It’s really frustrating to all of us fans and I’m one of those whose seen the glory years from the mid 80s to early 90s and then ..... roller coaster ride after roller coaster ride.

  4. Default Re: SunBelt Basketball Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    What went wrong isn’t a mystery. This isn’t directed at you but simply commenting in regards to our season overall as this SBC tournament game vs UTA was a microcosm of what happened all year.

    Players didn’t make enough plays in crunch time situations and Coach B didn’t make enough meaningful strategic adjustments or in-game decisions to put us over the proverbial “hump”.

    I DO believe he is the right man for the job and CAN get us over that hump. It’s really frustrating to all of us fans and I’m one of those whose seen the glory years from the mid 80s to early 90s and then ..... roller coaster ride after roller coaster ride.
    +1

    Its simply ridiculous to score ZERO points in the last 5 minutes of a tournament game when you have two members of the All-Conference team and one of them is the best player in the league, and a senior. I like MB, but over the years, he has rarely showed me anything that proves he can get us over the "hump."

  5. #235

    Default Re: SunBelt Basketball Tournament Thread

    Next season post Tookie will be very very interesting and just think we have all year to discuss it.

  6. #236
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sugar Hill, Ga
    Posts
    9,867

    Default Re: SunBelt Basketball Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Next season post Tookie will be very very interesting and just think we have all year to discuss it.
    It will be interesting. This is the thing with sports teams. How many times have we seen teams that lost a star player go on to do things you thought they’d have done with that player? You don’t know which player/players may step up and get it done.

    * Philadelphia Eagles after losing Carson Wentz to injury comes to mind with Nick Foles stepping up.

    * A relative unknown QB named Tom Brady stepped in and up for an injured Drew Bledsoe.

    * Cardelle Jones stepping up as QB for Ohio St as JT Barrett was injured.

    * When Martin Brodeur got hurt in 2008-09 for the NJ Devils, they still made the playoffs despite losing one of if not the best goalies in the NHL.

    Any other great examples?

    It happens all the time. Sometimes and when you least expect it, you’ll have a team out outperform expectations by a wide margin.

    I sure hope next year’s squad far exceeds anything in my wildest dreams like a tournament berth. We will be very talented again and perhaps Ike can finally get and stay healthy for the whole season.

  7. #237
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    27,953

    Default Re: SunBelt Basketball Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Next season post Tookie will be very very interesting and just think we have all year to discuss it.

    Next season depends A LOT on if Ike can return to sophomore Ike form. If he can then we have a chance to be as good next year as this year. If not (and I’m banking on not) it could and probably will be a rough year.

    Just for fun though if Ike did return to sophomore form and Jones Jr and Wisehurt shoot like they are capable of (40% range) from beyond the arc then we could be pretty good. I like what we have in our bigs.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  8. #238
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    27,953

    Default Re: SunBelt Basketball Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    It will be interesting. This is the thing with sports teams. How many times have we seen teams that lost a star player go on to do things you thought they’d have done with that player? You don’t know which player/players may step up and get it done.

    * Philadelphia Eagles after losing Carson Wentz to injury comes to mind with Nick Foles stepping up.

    * A relative unknown QB named Tom Brady stepped in and up for an injured Drew Bledsoe.

    * Cardelle Jones stepping up as QB for Ohio St as JT Barrett was injured.

    * When Martin Brodeur got hurt in 2008-09 for the NJ Devils, they still made the playoffs despite losing one of if not the best goalies in the NHL.

    Any other great examples?

    It happens all the time. Sometimes and when you least expect it, you’ll have a team out outperform expectations by a wide margin.

    I sure hope next year’s squad far exceeds anything in my wildest dreams like a tournament berth. We will be very talented again and perhaps Ike can finally get and stay healthy for the whole season.

    Tee Martin and Tennessee winning a national title the year after Peyton Manning leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  9. Default Re: SunBelt Basketball Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    It will be interesting. This is the thing with sports teams. How many times have we seen teams that lost a star player go on to do things you thought they’d have done with that player? You don’t know which player/players may step up and get it done.

    * Philadelphia Eagles after losing Carson Wentz to injury comes to mind with Nick Foles stepping up.

    * A relative unknown QB named Tom Brady stepped in and up for an injured Drew Bledsoe.

    * Cardelle Jones stepping up as QB for Ohio St as JT Barrett was injured.

    * When Martin Brodeur got hurt in 2008-09 for the NJ Devils, they still made the playoffs despite losing one of if not the best goalies in the NHL.

    Any other great examples?

    It happens all the time. Sometimes and when you least expect it, you’ll have a team out outperform expectations by a wide margin.

    I sure hope next year’s squad far exceeds anything in my wildest dreams like a tournament berth. We will be very talented again and perhaps Ike can finally get and stay healthy for the whole season.
    2002-03 Men's Basketball: The previous all time scoring leader Julius Jenkins' senior year - averages 21.6 Pts, 4.9 Reb, 3.4 Assists. Team finishes 16-13
    2003-04 Men's Basketball: First year post Jenkins - team goes 21-8 and first in the SOCON South Division

  10. #240

    Default Re: SunBelt Basketball Tournament Thread

    That 2014-2015 team did all right with no Tookie, though I don't think we've got a Trent Wiedeman on the team (I'd sure like to have one).
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

    If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Similar Threads

  1. SunBelt tournament.
    By GSUsoringeagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26th May 2018, 10:32 AM
  2. Sunbelt Tournament details
    By GSUsoringeagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24th May 2017, 07:29 AM
  3. Sunbelt BB Tournament
    By NO_QUARTER in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 9th March 2016, 06:58 PM
  4. Bracket for Sunbelt tournament
    By leeman in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10th March 2015, 01:01 PM
  5. SoCon Basketball Tournament
    By EagleSC in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 5th March 2009, 12:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •