TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 252627

Thread: SunBelt Basketball Tournament Thread

Default Re: SunBelt Basketball Tournament Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    We have two big guys that can’t score in the post, and we are set there?

Never said it’s the best frontcourt we’ve ever had but it’s good enough to win the conference if we get max potential out of our backcourt.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    We have two big guys that can’t score in the post, and we are set there?
    I'm more worried about our rebounding than scoring from our bigs. Rebounding and shooters (3's) will determine our fate next season. If we can hit some 3 pointers, then Craw and Carter will do some damage on the inside. Our two bigs need space to work

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    We always seem to have an unbalanced roster. To many players with the same skill set.
    Watching Wofford .......they are a fun team to watch
    That’s what made the 2014 team so good. We had a good point guard (Hewitt) who could facilitate as well as shoot and get to the basket when he needed to. We had a guard who could shoot threes and throw down some nasty dunks while playing great defense (Mike Hughes). We had a shooter who probably had his best year ( Allsmiller) a forward who could fight his way to the basket (Matthias) and a really tough center (Wiedeman). We also had guys in Ferguson and Diamond that could decently fill those voids when they were on the court.

4. Default Re: SunBelt Basketball Tournament Thread

I'm not going to speculate on next year's roster until I see next year's roster.

As for 2015, I will always believe we would've beaten Ga State in ATL (won the conference) and in the tournament and gone dancing if Matias hadn't gotten hurt. That team was rolling, with great chemistry until he went down. That whole RJ Hunter Baylor upset should've never happened... but that's the basketball gods for you.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    That’s what made the 2014 team so good. We had a good point guard (Hewitt) who could facilitate as well as shoot and get to the basket when he needed to. We had a guard who could shoot threes and throw down some nasty dunks while playing great defense (Mike Hughes). We had a shooter who probably had his best year ( Allsmiller) a forward who could fight his way to the basket (Matthias) and a really tough center (Wiedeman). We also had guys in Ferguson and Diamond that could decently fill those voids when they were on the court.
    Good analysis! I see the one guy we don’t have next year is a Trent Wiedeman. Every other piece up there is in place or is coming.

Ron Hunter to Tulane. Guess you can lose a coach to Tulae even when you're in a media market and not a podunk town.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.