TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

View Poll Results: What will be our 2019 record in football?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • 12-0

2 2.04%
  • 11-1

4 4.08%
  • 10-2

11 11.22%
  • 9-3

28 28.57%
  • 8-4

42 42.86%
  • 7-5

9 9.18%
  • 6-6

1 1.02%
  • 5-7

0 0%
  • 4-8

0 0%
  • 3-9 or worse

1 1.02%
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Record PredictionThread

Default Re: 2019 Record PredictionThread

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Even if you don't buy our crazy turnover margin anamoly being unsustainable...we flat out have a harder schedule this year. We BETTER improve this year or we won't sniff a conference title.

We essentially start the season 0-2 (We won't hang with Minnesota or LSU). So we'll need to go 9-1 in our competitive games to have a chance at 10 wins.

I DO think our offense will improve (which is exciting).

I'm curious to see if our defense gets better. They were honestly a bit overrated last year. Good at preventing big plays and red zone... defense...but plenty of room for improvement.

If we can field a top 50 offense and defense, we'll have something special.
    I would disagree that we don't hang with Minnesota. It's Minnesota. A 6-6 B1G team, not some top SEC progran.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 12th March 2019 at 09:03 PM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

LSU is no world beater either. Less than two years from losing at home to a Sun Belt program.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Sigh. Guys...are we really gonna play this game? Like we're about to slug it out with legit Power 5 teams?

Neither game will be close.

So, Troy?
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Troy is better than us.

Regarding turnovers, GS won one game by a TD and two other games by less than a FG.
    Without the ability to jump alternate universes and timelines, there's no way to say the low turnover rate had little to no effect on the season.
    Army lost the same number of fumbles with nearly 200 more rushing attempts and a few teams lost fewer than 5.
    Shai's reluctance to throw the ball up probably could've gone either way if he was a little less cautious.
    Looking forward to 2019. No idea on record.

Year 2 in both systems I'm looking for a step forward in play. LSU opening day in front of a full house that will be difficult but by week 3, if no injuries I think we can pull off the upset of Minnesota. We can beat any SB team. Appy up at Appy is the only one I have honest doubts about.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Sigh. Guys...are we really gonna play this game? Like we're about to slug it out with legit Power 5 teams?

Neither game will be close.
    Yes, we've never slugged it out with Power 5 teams that aren't full of 4 and 5-star guys...

It's a 6-6 Big Ten team. Come week 3 they will be a 14-point favorite at the most.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Yes, we've never slugged it out with Power 5 teams that aren't full of 4 and 5-star guys...

It's a 6-6 Big Ten team. Come week 3 they will be a 14-point favorite at the most.
    It could go either way. After slugging it out with NC State and GT in 2014, I just knew we were poised to jump all over WVU to open 2015, and we got woodshedded. Then we go and take UGA to OT later that year. Heck, we even halfway hung with GT and Ole Miss with you-know-who at the helm in 2016.

It's certainly within the realm of possibility that we make at least a decent showing at LSU and take a W from Minnesota. I just don't want to get thoroughly dominated by LSU.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    It could go either way. After slugging it out with NC State and GT in 2014, I just knew we were poised to jump all over WVU to open 2015, and we got woodshedded. Then we go and take UGA to OT later that year. Heck, we even halfway hung with GT and Ole Miss with you-know-who at the helm in 2016.

It's certainly within the realm of possibility that we make at least a decent showing at LSU and take a W from Minnesota. I just don't want to get thoroughly dominated by LSU.
    Yes, WVU is pretty much the lone outlier as far as being the one time we had an actual winning-season team and we didn't compete with a P5 that was either bad (meaning like Florida 2013) or not full of elite athletes you see with UGAs and LSUs and Auburns. Of course, I knew we were probably not going to compete after Kevin Ellison's suspension was announced.