TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

View Poll Results: What will be our 2019 record in football?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • 12-0

2 2.17%
  • 11-1

4 4.35%
  • 10-2

9 9.78%
  • 9-3

27 29.35%
  • 8-4

40 43.48%
  • 7-5

8 8.70%
  • 6-6

1 1.09%
  • 5-7

0 0%
  • 4-8

0 0%
  • 3-9 or worse

1 1.09%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Record PredictionThread

Default Re: 2019 Record PredictionThread

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    Against USA, we are 5-0 and have outscored them 207-45. The closest game was 24-9 in Summers' first year. Make your own determination on how that series has gone.
    USA is the new UTC.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

I honestly don't expect any of the bottom 4 conference opponents (meaning Coastal, ULM, South Alabama, and State) to be any good this season. In fact I think the conference across the board will be weaker than last year. Of course, any conference game can turn into what Texas State or ULM was last year.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

3. Default Re: 2019 Record PredictionThread

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    Against USA, we are 5-0 and have outscored them 207-45. The closest game was 24-9 in Summers' first year. Make your own determination on how that series has gone.
    I know exately how it has gone against USA. I said absolutely nothing to contradict that, I merely pointed out the fact that we have to visit them on a short week and I would not anticipate “whipping” then. Of course it could happen, but we may have to work harder for it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I know exately how it has gone against USA. I said absolutely nothing to contradict that, I merely pointed out the fact that we have to visit them on a short week and I would not anticipate “whipping” then. Of course it could happen, but we may have to work harder for it this year.
    Well let's just say if we have to visit someone on a short week, I'm glad it's USA.

Texas State will be markedly improved and ULM will probably be better as well.

App and Troy may both Take small steps back.

6. Default Re: 2019 Record PredictionThread

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Texas State will be markedly improved and ULM will probably be better as well.

App and Troy may both Take small steps back.
    Curious why you think App might take a step back. New coaching staff is always a gamble, but they’re returning 17 of 22 starters I believe. So unless Drinkwitz is the second coming of Summers, I think they’ll pick up where they left off

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    USA is the new UTC.
    UTC at least beat us a couple times in the years leading up to us leaving the SoCon...I'm thinking more WCU.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Curious why you think App might take a step back. New coaching staff is always a gamble, but they’re returning 17 of 22 starters I believe. So unless Drinkwitz is the second coming of Summers, I think they’ll pick up where they left off
    Because their head coach is already talking about having to figure things out this summer and spring practice just started.

9. Default Re: 2019 Record PredictionThread

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Because their head coach is already talking about having to figure things out this summer and spring practice just started.
    Perrrrfect

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    UTC at least beat us a couple times in the years leading up to us leaving the SoCon...I'm thinking more WCU.
    UTC in that they had a lot of potential. They always had some legit players and were continually “on the cusp” of turning things around. They may have gotten us a couple of times between 2006 and 2010, but we dominated that series.

WCU was a team that rarely had the resources to compete.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops