TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

View Poll Results: What will be our 2019 record in football?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • 12-0

2 2.04%
  • 11-1

4 4.08%
  • 10-2

11 11.22%
  • 9-3

28 28.57%
  • 8-4

42 42.86%
  • 7-5

9 9.18%
  • 6-6

1 1.02%
  • 5-7

0 0%
  • 4-8

0 0%
  • 3-9 or worse

1 1.02%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Record PredictionThread

Default Re: 2019 Record PredictionThread

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Johnson at GT, Navy and GS as well as Monken at GS and Army saw a surge of offense in their second years. I expect the same with this years staff.

8 Wins is my expectations based on the schedule but I think we will look better on offense in spite of giving up more turnovers this season.
    I suppose I'm at 8 as well. We're not going to get swept by App, Troy, and Ark State, so just win the ones we're favored in and take 1 of those 3, and you're at 8 wins. We also don't know how Troy and App's new staffs are going to do, and we as Southern fans know just how badly that can go.

In my opinion, we're the only sure thing in the Sun Belt right now. 10 win team with no coaching turnover. That's not to say we'll be better than App, just that there's nothing anyone can point to to say we won't be a good ball team this year.

The key to the season is for our running backs to at least be as good as last year. Really hoping for that big sophomore breakout season from Speedy or Wright.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

3. Default Re: 2019 Record PredictionThread

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    The key to the season is for our running backs to at least be as good as last year. Really hoping for that big sophomore breakout season from Speedy or Wright.
    I think both will be good.

And Shai is pretty stout running as well.

Things are so much better.

This time last year, everyone was praying and hoping for 6.... Even after the first couple of games, everyone was still hoping and praying for 6.

Hell, Iím pretty sure Buzz said we would be lucky to get 5

(Heck, I was right in that group too..... First couple of games looked shaky, and then we saw progress. Iím still amazed we did 9.)

We get some more complex stuff down, and thereís no telling where we will be. Iím still amazed we somehow did all that last season with such a basic playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I think both will be good.

And Shai is pretty stout running as well.

Things are so much better.

This time last year, everyone was praying and hoping for 6.... Even after the first couple of games, everyone was still hoping and praying for 6.

Hell, I’m pretty sure Buzz said we would be lucky to get 5

(Heck, I was right in that group too..... First couple of games looked shaky, and then we saw progress. I’m still amazed we did 9.)

We get some more complex stuff down, and there’s no telling where we will be. I’m still amazed we somehow did all that last season with such a basic playbook.
    i think the playbook we saw last year IS the playbook we will see this year with better execution.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    i think the playbook we saw last year IS the playbook we will see this year with better execution.
    Having watched DeBesse's clinic video again, there's more in there.

We intentionally kept it simple to enable our guys to have success.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Having watched DeBesse's clinic video again, there's more in there.

We intentionally kept it simple to enable our guys to have success.
    yep, let's really get his basics down, run it like the back of your hand, then add a few wrinkles. I think we will look a lot smoother this season and not have so many "lulls" in the offense. Not as many three and outs(I don't care for them)

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    yep, let's really get his basics down, run it like the back of your hand, then add a few wrinkles. I think we will look a lot smoother this season and not have so many "lulls" in the offense. Not as many three and outs(I don't care for them)
    I just hope we have some changes of pace like we had under Fritz. There were times we found a mismatch or were able to catch the defense with the wrong personnel. I'm sure it can be attributes to the "crawl, walk, run" mantra, but I really hope we can be more flexible in our pace.

Quote Originally Posted by The Demoralizer View Post
    I just hope we have some changes of pace like we had under Fritz. There were times we found a mismatch or were able to catch the defense with the wrong personnel. I'm sure it can be attributes to the "crawl, walk, run" mantra, but I really hope we can be more flexible in our pace.
    I think the comments we've heard about Werts understanding the "why" of the offense will allow us to do that.

You know how we talk about defenders having to react to what happens in a play instead of knowing what happens. Well QBs inexperienced in those schemes kind of have the same thing. They don't naturally just "know" where everything is happening inside of a play. There's too much thinking instead of just doing. Some players are better...like Ellison. It was just natural for him and he made it look really fluid. Werts has the athletic ability and it appears he has the aptitude, it just takes him longer to get to that same comfort level.

Let everyone get on that level and we should see things look "faster" and a lot smoother which will allow us to do more.

We are going to take a huge step in year two. 11-1.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

10. Default Re: 2019 Record PredictionThread

I love these poll results.

Isn't it interesting how pretty much everything always follows a bell curve?

(Except maybe a couple years ago, when we pretty much all agreed we wouldn't win a damned game.)