TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

View Poll Results: What will be our 2019 record in football?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • 12-0

2 2.04%
  • 11-1

4 4.08%
  • 10-2

11 11.22%
  • 9-3

28 28.57%
  • 8-4

42 42.86%
  • 7-5

9 9.18%
  • 6-6

1 1.02%
  • 5-7

0 0%
  • 4-8

0 0%
  • 3-9 or worse

1 1.02%
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Record PredictionThread

Default Re: 2019 Record PredictionThread

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    UTC in that they had a lot of potential. They always had some legit players and were continually “on the cusp” of turning things around. They may have gotten us a couple of times between 2006 and 2010, but we dominated that series.

WCU was a team that rarely had the resources to compete.
    I agree with that- I also think that USA will do better once they get the on campus stadium with a few recruiting classes after it's done. Getting Joey Jones out was also an important step.

2. Default Re: 2019 Record PredictionThread

I posted the Massey predictions in another thread but can't find it now. Turns out Massey hadn't updated to 2019 yet. Here's the updated predictions.

GSU Opponent Result
    AT LSU 10 38 L
    Maine 31 17 W
    AT Minn 17 31 L
    ULL 35 28 W
    AT USA 35 24 W
    CCU 33 21 W
    NMSU 38 21 W
    AT App State 17 28 L
    AT Troy 24 28 L
    ULM 31 24 W
    AT Ark State 24 27 L
    Georgia State 35 20 W

So 7-5 is their safe bet for us, but there's also three 1 score games that could be the difference between 6-6 and 9-3.

Not sure how Ark State starts higher than us with no Justice Hansen and a complete overhaul of their coaching staff.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

4. Default Re: 2019 Record PredictionThread

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Not sure how Ark State starts higher than us with no Justice Hansen and a complete overhaul of their coaching staff.
    +1

IMO we should never lose to stAte as long as Anderson is HC.

5. Default Re: 2019 Record PredictionThread

I’m thinking we have the advantage vs Troy and Ark State.

Plus, we will lose one that no one that no one expects (better not be Gag!). And we will win one no one expects. (Minn or App.).

6. Default Re: 2019 Record PredictionThread

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    We're 82nd and they're 86th, so basically a toss-up that is given to the home team.

What really doesn't make sense is that according to S&P+, we're returning 75% of our production while App is returning 74%. Not only did we beat them handily, they only won one more game than us, and have an entirely new coaching staff. Yet they're 46th and we're 82nd.

Athlon has us at 7-5 as well.

I can see why people will look at our season statistics and not think it really corresponds to a 10-win team and be skeptical, but there's two things the preseason magazines aren't seeing:

1. We'll be in year 2 of our defensive scheme and won't be running a simplified version of our offense like last year. I also think Shai Werts could improve a lot more than most QBs do between their second and third season of starting (DeBesse has been complimentary of the progress he's made in the spring).

2. New coaches at Troy and App State. I don't care what anyone says, historically there is a clear trend in the G5 that when you have a coach that has done well enough that a P5 program will take him there's usually regression. From reading some articles about App State's spring practice it doesn't seem Eliah Drinkwitz and Ted Roof have any plans to keep the schemes of their predecessors intact. I'm predicting now we'll be slight favorites going to Boone for the first time since I don't even know when.

I didn't buy into the "we can't win because we were 2-10 last year" stuff and I don't buy into the lines used against this year's team, either.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 28th May 2019 at 02:52 PM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    We're 82nd and they're 86th, so basically a toss-up that is given to the home team.

What really doesn't make sense is that according to S&P+, we're returning 75% of our production while App is returning 74%. Not only did we beat them handily, they only won one more game than us, and have an entirely new coaching staff. Yet they're 46th and we're 82nd.
    Maybe....just maybe... its because they are 41-11 in the last 4 years and we are 26-24.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Maybe....just maybe... its because they are 41-11 in the last 4 years and we are 26-24.
    Hey, that's awesome. Didn't even think about us getting back on the positive side since moving up. Good to hear.

10. Default Re: 2019 Record PredictionThread

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    True, but I'd take a preseason ranking as "here's where we think everyone will end up" vs "this is a power ranking based on the last 4 seasons."