TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Kip Drown Not Retained by Georgia Southern

Default Re: Coach Kip Drown Not Retained by Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by GSUALLDAY25 View Post
    Impressive background let’s hope it translates to a winning record
    where has she coached, has she been a HC, what has been her role(s) in recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Very good hire by the athletic administration! This lady deserves a shot at the D-1 level and she has local flare. Very successful everywhere she has been. Also, honors graduate from Armstrong and led them to some impressive seasons while in school. Welcome back home coach!
    Just one more example of athletics and everything else slowly moving from the Boro to Savannah.

(ducks head)
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Just one more example of athletics and everything else slowly moving from the Boro to Savannah.

(ducks head)
    dont tell me, she played then coached at Armstrong?

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Don't worry about it. If she's a strong coach she'll be at Tulane in three or so years.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    where has she coached, has she been a HC, what has been her role(s) in recruiting.
    146-55 overall record as a head coach in D3 and D2. Most recently went 66-25 at Columbus St. Looks like she has a pretty good track record for turning programs around. And I do like that she's been coaching in Georgia, is from Georgia, and probably knows recruiting very well in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    146-55 overall record as a head coach in D3 and D2. Most recently went 66-25 at Columbus St. Looks like she has a pretty good track record for turning programs around. And I do like that she's been coaching in Georgia, is from Georgia, and probably knows recruiting very well in the state.
    so another successful D3,D2 HC. That was what Kip was. Let's hope she can recruit on the D1 level. I'll be pulling for her but we will see. I was hoping for some assistant from Tennessee, Baylor, Rutgers, ND, Stanford, USF, South Carolina, Miss. State. Oh well. You can never tell how those "nation wide" searches are going to turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    Don't worry about it. If she's a strong coach she'll be at Tulane in three or so years.
    speaking of that any word on who Tulane hired for their new men's basketball HC. Part of me was thinking theyed come after CMB.

so another successful D3,D2 HC. That was what Kip was. Let's hope she can recruit on the D1 level. I'll be pulling for her but we will see. I was hoping for some assistant from Tennessee, Baylor, Rutgers, ND, Stanford, USF, South Carolina, Miss. State. Oh well. You can never tell how those "nation wide" searches are going to turn out.
    I just don’t see this as an upgrade vs our last coach.

I would say that the difference in this case is this coach has spent her entire life in the state of Georgia. I'm guessing Drown never recruited Georgia in his life until he came to GSU. It's all about recruiting. We'll see if she can get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    I would say that the difference in this case is this coach has spent her entire life in the state of Georgia. I'm guessing Drown never recruited Georgia in his life until he came to GSU. It's all about recruiting. We'll see if she can get it done.
    Kip actually has deep Georgia ties and married a Dublin girl. This new coach has ties to Savannah and what is now GS Savannah campus. Yep, I think Basketball in general is leaning more toward Savannah and I am a die hard Eagle but I dint see that as a bad thing. Savannah is a basketball town, more high school now but could embrace high level college basketball and lead to generating more support. With the new arena they are building I could see Savannah as being potential for hosting some major college programs on a home and home basis. I’m sure that’s being bantered about. Bus GS students to Savannah from Statesboro. I have no inside info and this is me looking at it from the outside but Statesboro not supporting the Basketball program as it should be supported may lose that program to a place that possibly will. I don’t think all games would be in Savannah but say a UNC or FSU would do a home and home with us and play in the new arena in Savannah I’m all in.! GATA