TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coach Kip Drown Not Retained by Georgia Southern

Default Re: Coach Kip Drown Not Retained by Georgia Southern

Yea, I have a lot of respect for coach Drown. High character guy and good coach just never translated to the floor. He inherited a dumpster fire but never put it out and had adequate time. I can’t fault TK for this decision even though you hate for people like him to be cut loose. I hope he lands on his feet somewhere if he wants to keep coaching. His wife was a huge asset to the community as well with a ministry to special needs folks in our area. I would love for them to stay local. Sometimes the good guys don’t win even when you pull for them the most.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    GS will never find a better man on ball coach than Kip Drown.

He inherited a dumpster fire and was slowly making us competitive.

Now TK has pushed the reset button and we won’t be competitive for another five years.
    Disgusting.

It absolutely amazes me that anybody who follows sports, much less Ga Southern sports, actually says “this fire” or “this coach” set us back X amount of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

3. Default Re: Coach Kip Drown Not Retained by Georgia Southern

Very nice guy but for over 4 years..the wins didn’t come..granted he inherited a bad program but we have to find someone to turn it around and by that I mean at least have a record above .500 by year end

4. Default Re: Coach Kip Drown Not Retained by Georgia Southern

Women s b-ball used to be much better but we have fallen on bad times. I don t buy for a minute that we can t be better. To me a .500 conference record would be considered a big turnaround

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBleedsBlue View Post
    I hate it for him. By all accounts he is a good man and probably a lot better coach than his record gives him credit for, but lack of recruiting is a killer. I don't know where the hotbeds of Women's Basketball talent are, or what it takes to tap into it, and get some of that talent here on campus, but we really need to find a way to get back to being competitive.
    +1, you don't win 495 games and arnt a good couch, his X's and O's were excellent. But like you said, especially at this level, recruite recruite and recruite.

Has a D2 coach we’ve hired ever been successful? Might want to scrap that gene pool.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

7. Default Re: Coach Kip Drown Not Retained by Georgia Southern

We need a young up and comer. Probably a top assistant somewhere at a D1 school. As usual what we will pay may limit our candidate pool. Anyone have any idea what we were paying Drawm?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Chris Vozab was 23-68, Drown 18-57.

To be fair, I don't know if there's someone we can hire who will make us better.
    To be fair, It will be hard to hire anyone that will not make us better.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    I don’t trust TK to hire anybody. Look at how bad softball is as well.
    yep, it goes under the radar, but the red flags are up on the softball program. it's not a dumpster fire yet, but for those who know softball.........you can see the puffs of smoke.

10. Default Re: Coach Kip Drown Not Retained by Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebacker View Post
    We need a young up and comer. Probably a top assistant somewhere at a D1 school. As usual what we will pay may limit our candidate pool. Anyone have any idea what we were paying Drawm?
    2018, $117,150.04