TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baseball vs. UNC Asheville

1. Default Baseball vs. UNC Asheville

Need to sweep them and get back on the right side of .500. They have a team ERA of 8.09. If we can't get the bats going against these guys......

Default Re: Baseball vs. UNC Asheville

We hit into a ton of double plays.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Can’t hit against these scrubs? Unreal.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

4. Default Re: Baseball vs. UNC Asheville

GAME 1: Eagles win 5-1, on 10 hits (10 LOB). Shuman gets his first Win going 6.1 innings with 11k’s and 1BB. Whitney goes the remaining 2.2 innings and earns his 2nd Save.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    GAME 1: Eagles win 5-1, on 10 hits (10 LOB). Shuman get his first Win going 6.1 innings with 11k’s and 1BB. Whitney goes the remaining 2.2 innings and gets the Save.
    Good win! Nice line score. Our pitching staff is really good. I haven’t looked up team ERA but it has to be outstanding. Bats are coming around with 10 hits and making contact. I like the fact that we are so deep in that bullpen. I’ll take Shu and Whitney for Friday night combo and the win. Can’t win em all til we get the first one.

Great start to the series. I’m still cautiously optimistic about this team, it’s a long season and if our bats can develop we have the pitching to win some games.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Good win! Nice line score. Our pitching staff is really good. I haven’t looked up team ERA but it has to be outstanding. Bats are coming around with 10 hits and making contact. I like the fact that we are so deep in that bullpen. I’ll take Shu and Whitney for Friday night combo and the win. Can’t win em all til we get the first one.
    entering last night our team ERA was 2.99! The run last night was unearned. So another 9 innings pitched with 0 earned runs. Matt Anderson has a cannon for a arm and he's hitting the ball hard. Good win but 10 lob is still a concern.

I to am cautiously optimistic and like many on here have pointed out, we will not face the top pitching we faced with Auburn, west Virginia and uga, at least not that many good quality arms within a 2 week span. Coastal, south Alabama and troy have a couple good arms but not for each game. I would like to see us get more timely hits so we are not stranding as many runners but with more confidence at the plate that will come. Pitching is lights out. Wanna improve our defense but I think that will come as well, we are only 12 games in. I can see us winning 35-38 games entering the tournament and hopefully with our strong rpi and strength of schedule we can be in the mix for an at large if we dont win the tournament. Sunbelt rpi sits as the 5th best conference right now.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    I to am cautiously optimistic and like many on here have pointed out, we will not face the top pitching we faced with Auburn, west Virginia and uga, at least not that many good quality arms within a 2 week span. Coastal, south Alabama and troy have a couple good arms but not for each game. I would like to see us get more timely hits so we are not stranding as many runners but with more confidence at the plate that will come. Pitching is lights out. Wanna improve our defense but I think that will come as well, we are only 12 games in. I can see us winning 35-38 games entering the tournament and hopefully with our strong rpi and strength of schedule we can be in the mix for an at large if we dont win the tournament. Sunbelt rpi sits as the 5th best conference right now.
    I like the optimism but we’re not getting an at large bid with 35-38 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by SigEp614 View Post
    I like the optimism but we’re not getting an at large bid with 35-38 wins.
    It depends on the conference tournament results. Troy did it last year with 38 regular season wins. Granted, they won 3 conference tournament games so technically they had 41 at NCAA selection time. We would probably need a similar run for an at large since the NCAA is going to fill so many slots with the entire SEC.