TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Blue-White Game Thread

1. Default Re: 2019 Blue-White Game Thread

Just some random observations Above average amount of passing in this scrimmage. I liked the increase of getting our athletes in space to do what they do best. The defense almost ways has the upper hand in spring scrimmage so it is a little hard to gauge some things but the D looked good and athletic. I thought Corbin looked pretty confident running the O and sells fakes well. Would have loved to see Tomlin to compare the two. Our punting is still a weak point. I think it was a smooth enough scrimmage to show that we have a system that the guys are comfortable with. As always, blocking is so important for us in this scheme, and it all hinges on that.

2. Default Re: 2019 Blue-White Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rangeeagle View Post
    Just some random observations Above average amount of passing in this scrimmage. I liked the increase of getting our athletes in space to do what they do best. The defense almost ways has the upper hand in spring scrimmage so it is a little hard to gauge some things but the D looked good and athletic. I thought Corbin looked pretty confident running the O and sells fakes well. Would have loved to see Tomlin to compare the two. Our punting is still a weak point. I think it was a smooth enough scrimmage to show that we have a system that the guys are comfortable with. As always, blocking is so important for us in this scheme, and it all hinges on that.
    I was worried about punting all season.

EMU finally was the team that capitalized on it, but punting has been very, very slow.

Hoped to see it was fixed

Default Re: 2019 Blue-White Game Thread

It wasn’t with any rush but Beck got off a couple boomers yesterday. He might end up being our answer at punter.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

4. Default Re: 2019 Blue-White Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    It wasn’t with any rush but Beck got off a couple boomers yesterday. He might end up being our answer at punter.
    Hopefully....

Distance was an issue as well

There isn't a lot that I got that I didn't get from the scrimmage.

I think we're in good shape at tight end (that position so far has worked itself out with questions, that will continue).

I think we're going to be all-around more athletic on defense this season. If there was one position that's a question mark it's safety, and that's only because even thought we're athletic enough there, Coach Sloan has said several times they're the quarterbacks of the defense. I think linebacker will be the most improved position on the team.

We are clearly putting emphasis on working on the short passing game.

I think JD King might be the best back of the bunch (it's not obvious), but I'm not getting my hopes up he plays this season.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    He punted one that landed 50 yards from where he kicked it. But if he didn't start last year why would he this year?
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    He punted one that landed 50 yards from where he kicked it. But if he didn't start last year why would he this year?

I think I remember seeing him in a boot for some of the season, but I could be mistaken

7. Default Re: 2019 Blue-White Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I don't know that I've ever seen such a precipitous drop in coverage/enthusiasm for a team as I have in the last 3-4 years. I think coverage of the team peaked in 2014 and has gone down since.
    What are you basing this on? If itís this website youíre certainly right...but this is an old school way of communicating now. Thatís a bit of a generalization

Quote Originally Posted by blueisbetterthanpurple View Post
    What are you basing this on? If itís this website youíre certainly right...but this is an old school way of communicating now. Thatís a bit of a generalization
    Basing it on a combo of this board being dead and the GS social media/website lacking a bit on coverage.

We've done much more. Especially during the Fritz years.

Ultimately, the season is still exciting though.

9. Default Re: 2019 Blue-White Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Basing it on a combo of this board being dead and the GS social media/website lacking a bit on coverage.

We've done much more. Especially during the Fritz years.

Ultimately, the season is still exciting though.
    OK...

We get it.

Fritz is your man dream.

He was a good coach, but heís gone. He has forsaken thee. The roses you left in his mailbox are wilted.

This is just one of those heartbreaking scenes where you are standing in the yard, boom box over your shoulder, singing a sappy 80s love song in the rain..... To no avail. Fritz is not opening his window and throwing his parties down to the bushes.

Time to move on. Other fish in the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I was worried about punting all season.

EMU finally was the team that capitalized on it, but punting has been very, very slow.

Hoped to see it was fixed
    App blocked a punt too. We got lucky they didn't really come after more of them.