TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Blue-White Game Thread

1. Default Re: 2019 Blue-White Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1, yes running through a big hole vs a little one or no hole does make you look quicker and more elusive(smile).
    “What a minute.... Whaaaaat??”

CTS-as he fiddles with headset controls....

Default Re: 2019 Blue-White Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I'd be surprised if anyone--including Kennedy--has more speed than LaRoche. Of course, film can be deceptive.
    A 100m race between Thomspon and LaRoche would be fun to see.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    A 100m race between Thomspon and LaRoche would be fun to see.
    Track speed does not always equate to football speed (and I do think Breida's body matured in a way that made him faster), but here are their 100m splits in HS.

Najee Thompson - 10.62
    Matt Laroche - 10.82
    Matt Breida - 10.91

Thompson also broke the 200m state record. Previously set by Clemson RB Tavien Feaster.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Formerly known as TrueBlueAlum

4. Default Re: 2019 Blue-White Game Thread

Seems like Najee at WR is a solid move from what I’ve heard in practice

If Thompson can be the WR that also gets pitches out of motion, ala Zack Walker(which I never understood), that would give us legit speed at QB, RB, slot, and WR. We should be much more explosive on offense.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    If Thompson can be the WR that also gets pitches out of motion, ala Zack Walker(which I never understood), that would give us legit speed at QB, RB, slot, and WR. We should be much more explosive on offense.
    That was when Walker was playing in the slot. We just didn't use the slot as much in the running game as DeBesse did in 2018.

That's where Thompson seems to be playing, regardless of what the roster says.

I'm guessing we've got Thompson, Murray, and Kennedy expecting reps there, as well as incoming freshman Darius Lewis.

I haven't been to practice, but surely there's at least one more player getting reps there.
    Last edited by pete4256; 6th March 2019 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post

Unless something has changed Thompson is playing slot not WR. So yes he will be the man in motion (like Walker was as the slot receiver in 2014) but right now it looks like it’s Murray and Thompson at slot. That’s not an upgrade in speed over last year.

Now what would be ideal from a speed standpoint is if Thompson could play WR and Kennedy moves back to the slot. That would get more speed on the field than last year.

At the same time an 11 formation with Kennedy at RB and Thompson at slot coming in motion would have DC’s holding their breath. It will be interesting to see how Debeese decides to put the pieces together.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

8. Default Re: 2019 Blue-White Game Thread

Excited to get down this weekend and check out the trifecta plus one ! I’m anxious to see Justin Tomlin

Keep Thompson at WR, Kennedy at RB, and try Speedy at slot.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Unless something has changed Thompson is playing slot not WR. So yes he will be the man in motion (like Walker was as the slot receiver in 2014) but right now it looks like it’s Murray and Thompson at slot. That’s not an upgrade in speed over last year.

Now what would be ideal from a speed standpoint is if Thompson could play WR and Kennedy moves back to the slot. That would get more speed on the field than last year.

At the same time an 11 formation with Kennedy at RB and Thompson at slot coming in motion would have DC’s holding their breath. It will be interesting to see how Debeese decides to put the pieces together.
    Thompson on the field anywhere is going to be a speed upgrade over what we had last year.