TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Blue-White Game Thread

Default Re: 2019 Blue-White Game Thread

So, what else are we looking for the Blue-White game?

OL starters, obviously, and safeties.

I'm also interested to see the RBs--specifically, who's running with which team. I also want to see how many carries King gets with the first team, which might tell us something about his chances of playing in 2019.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post

I'm also interested to see the RBs--specifically, who's running with which team. I also want to see how many carries King gets with the first team, which might tell us something about his chances of playing in 2019.
    H-backs I guess. I didn't pay close attention to them at the scrimmage but I would've at least noticed if there was an obvious blocking error. I'm curious to see what kind of hands they have, too, although I don't think those guys generally have to catch darts.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

I don’t know that 1st team carries are an indicator of anything. Remember he’s a transfer who got arrested a couple weeks ago. Now obviously if he’s getting reps with the 1’s at all then that should pretty much tell us all we need to know but I wouldn’t expect him to get carries with the 1’s right now eligible or not.

I’ve heard you talk about Green some and I think you are going to like what you see out of him. He’s got a log jam ahead of him but the talent and speed is definitely there to be a player for us in the future I think.

The battle at MLB is probably going to be a fun one to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

PETE4256 - "OL starters, obviously, and safeties. "

I agree. Wouldn't you say they were a weak link last year? Of course all players on offense and defense have to have improved so all positions are important.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    H-backs I guess. I didn't pay close attention to them at the scrimmage but I would've at least noticed if there was an obvious blocking error. I'm curious to see what kind of hands they have, too, although I don't think those guys generally have to catch darts.
    Yeah, I'm interested in TEs, too--mostly because it's an intriguing position. I don't care much about their receiving ability. If we didn't throw to ball to Ellis Richardson in 2018, then we'll never throw the ball much to our TEs. I can't imagine having a better receiver at that position.

But it's crucial to have guys who are athletic enough to cruise the alley, physical enough to block LBs and DEs, and experienced enough to make the right reads/decisions.

I guess I haven't thought as much about it because that position is somewhat unknowable besides Cam Brown, who played pretty well last season (and made one excellent TD catch).
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    PETE4256 - "OL starters, obviously, and safeties. "

I agree. Wouldn't you say they were a weak link last year? Of course all players on offense and defense have to have improved so all positions are important.
    You mean OL? I wouldn't necessarily say that. I would hope to see some improvement this season, though, mostly as a result of entering the season with the same scheme and position coach for the first time since 2015.

Early in the spring, this seems to have been the lineup:

LT Jarrod Leeds
    LG Aaron Dowdell
    C Jakob Cooper
    RG Lawrence Edwards
    RT Brian Miller

I'm interested to see whether Jawaski Webb, Caleb Kelly, Jake Edwards, Javonte McGriff, or Drew Wilson (if healthy) push for PT.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Yea reading through this I was thinking "Maybe against our FCS team this year we can get some experience" then I remembered we were playing Maine. And although I expect us to win, I dont think it will be a cakewalk ala SSU in days of old.
    Maine will be better than most FCS teams but won't be the CAA 'power' type like us playing UNH or a Villanova.

They aren't the Maine of old ... their HC left after one year to be an FBS assistant somewhere.

But yeah, it won't be a Johnson C. Smith or SSU kind of game most likely.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Maine will be better than most FCS teams but won't be the CAA 'power' type like us playing UNH or a Villanova.

They aren't the Maine of old ... their HC left after one year to be an FBS assistant somewhere.

But yeah, it won't be a Johnson C. Smith or SSU kind of game most likely.
    And I like that E22!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Maybe so, but a cakewalk between 2 away games against P5 teams would be a nice opportunity to work out some kinks and make sure guys are healthy going into Minnesota.
    It's ALMOST like playing an easier FCS game in between two difficult away P5 teams is a smart scheduling strategy. Nah, that could never be true, could it?!? Why would we ever want to do that?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Want to see improvement at linebacker and safety. Really hope we’ve found at least two legit pass rushers

On offense, I want to see a lot more motion, with hopefully more speed at RB, slot, and WR.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low