TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB vs Ga St

Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Yeah I mean you know as well as I do that you can’t just sit back and do nothing but jack up 3’s against a zone but you are also going to have to take more than 18 and definitely make more than 22%.

I would say coach should have got you a jersey and put you in but I saw the shot you took pre game.
    That shot was SO BAD, hey, wait a minute I'd fit right in with our shooting %.(smile)

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    You are right, #1 ate up Glenn. We really couldn't stay in front of several of their players, we looked a step slow.
    So you really think our 7 footer would have done a better job. The only way the 7 footer can play defense under CB is if we go to a zone. Otherwise, he gets killed by every team we play. No way he can keep up with the quick big men in our league and just think what happens when he has to switch and guard a small forward or guard.

GASTATE puts up 90 points and we stay with our base defense 99% of the time, GASTATE takes away the middle and we keep running our take it to the hole offense. You have got to make some adjustments when the other team is taking things away.
    Bingo, run another defense that we can go to when our switching man to man is getting embarrassed. Watching big men other than Dukes Zion, chasing quicker guys out at the 3 point line IMO is usually a recipe for disaster much like seeing Tookie cover 6'8" guy in low post. If we ever thought our 7 foot kid was going to be chasing small forwards 25-30 feet from the basket, then we waisted a scholarship.

Southern has a chance to take Baseball and Football away from Gag-State winning 2 of the big 3 sports and so it will be!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

I don't know much about basketball, I'll be the first to admit.

But it really looked like that extended break when we tied them up and the crowd had finally been affecting both the players and Hunter leading up to that time really inhale vigorouslyed everything out of the team. Simonds and Hunter had been going back and forth and several other players were looking like they couldn't believe what was happening....then play stopped for 5+ min and they calmed down and refocused. We cooled down and the crowd cooled down too.

The next few minutes was a clinic of sloppy play and really poor shots while they kept knocking down baskets. The 9 point margin they opened up in the next few min was the deciding factor as we couldn't close back in at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I don't know much about basketball, I'll be the first to admit.

But it really looked like that extended break when we tied them up and the crowd had finally been affecting both the players and Hunter leading up to that time really inhale vigorouslyed everything out of the team. Simonds and Hunter had been going back and forth and several other players were looking like they couldn't believe what was happening....then play stopped for 5+ min and they calmed down and refocused. We cooled down and the crowd cooled down too.

The next few minutes was a clinic of sloppy play and really poor shots while they kept knocking down baskets. The 9 point margin they opened up in the next few min was the deciding factor as we couldn't close back in at that point.
    +1

There is no reason we should ever have to turn that many students away. We have 27,000 students. Get an arena that can handle big games
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    There is no reason we should ever have to turn that many students away. We have 27,000 students. Get an arena that can handle big games
    First time we've had a crowd like this since Steph Curry so about 10 years. Last 20 or so years average about 2K.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    First time we've had a crowd like this since Steph Curry so about 10 years. Last 20 or so years average about 2K.
    to say we've been averaging 2000 a game is very generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Unfortunately we had to turn away a bunch for the State game last year too. If they would show up like that consistently, then perhaps we could build something.

At least they offered to show the game the Union theater for those who got turned away.
    I wish they would've allowed them the chance to pick up tickets earlier in the week or something. As great as it was to see the line, I can imagine some were frustrated if they waited a while only to be turned away..

10. Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    We had to turn students away last year.