TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB vs Ga St

1. Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1, don't forget Coach Hunter and his constant "nipping" at refs, he doesn't just do that to do it. I've noticed the last 10 games or so CB getting more verbal/animated with officials. IMO a HC has to make sure the refs/umps etc know your watching them and holding them accountable.
    Agreed. I cannot stand Hunter’s constant whining and moaning after EVERY SINGLE play that does not go his way and grateful that MB is nothing like him, but IMO MB needs to find a middle ground with getting onto the officials and letting them know he is there... specifically in these games against State when you got that baby crying and whimpering about everything on the other end of the court.

Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Agreed. I cannot stand Hunter’s constant whining and moaning after EVERY SINGLE play that does not go his way and grateful that MB is nothing like him, but IMO MB needs to find a middle ground with getting onto the officials and letting them know he is there... specifically in these games against State when you got that baby crying and whimpering about everything on the other end of the court.
    A few well placed "#crybaby" signs or Gerber Baby heads from our folks directly behind him on the bench would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    +1000, you don't overdo it but you also don't sit/stand passively.

I could be wrong (pretty sure I'm not), but I don't think Byington has had a single technical foul called on him since he's been here.

I won't lie. During some of our closer games where calls really played a huge factor down the stretch (looking at you, phantom travelling call that killed the comeback vs. ULL), I wish that he would have gone ballistic. Then again, I also routinely blame Hunter for single-handedly bringing down GaSt when they play here because when they fall behind, he'd rather ***** at refs and get students thrown out of the gym than try to coach up his team.

I'd rather have a level-headed coach than a loose cannon, but going a little nuts can be just what is needed when done at the right time. Our baseball team was dead in the water and looked ready to pack it in against USA in the title game in 2017. Then Hennon picked a pretty routine call to go crazy about. That got the crowd into the game and the team seemed to follow suit. To continue the baseball metaphors, I think a coach getting T'd up in basketball is like a knockdown pitch. You can be nice the rest of the way, but the other guy has to know that you'll get dirty if it comes down to it.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    A few well placed "#crybaby" signs or Gerber Baby heads from our folks directly behind him on the bench would be nice.
    Or even better, have an art major sketch Hunter as the Gerber baby and hold that up behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTrump View Post
    Or even better, have an art major sketch Hunter as the Gerber baby and hold that up behind him.
    This is why we need the Hooligans to be reborn. The 2000-2005 Hooligans would have taken a bus to ATL Thursday just to pace the GaSt bus down to Statesboro and let them have it as soon as they set foot in town.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

So has there been any studies done on getting T'ed up or ejections and their value? Surely all these advance metrics these days someone has done it. Does it fire up the team and or fans enough to make a difference in a W vs a L. Do refs make missed calls?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    This is why we need the Hooligans to be reborn. The 2000-2005 Hooligans would have taken a bus to ATL Thursday just to pace the GaSt bus down to Statesboro and let them have it as soon as they set foot in town.
    I tried to spearhead something like this when I was in school. It immediately got taken over by the athletic department and turned into an official club with advisors, a Board, and lots of red tape. It lost traction quickly.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    I tried to spearhead something like this when I was in school. It immediately got taken over by the athletic department and turned into an official club with advisors, a Board, and lots of red tape. It lost traction quickly.
    The Student Eagle Club COULD have been a thing....but it was kinda driven into the ground.

I still contest that if the admin wants to run a student group like that, they need to talk to the University of Utah to see what it was they did. That student club is insane.

We'll never been on this level, but how are the Cameroon Crazies run?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"