TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 LastLast

Thread: MBB vs Ga St

Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Disappointed that even our most ardent fans have written this team off. And, if winning 20 games in a season is not an accomplishment then we’ve gotten sad. Twenty Win season in itself is pretty dang special especially against one of the toughest schedules in program history. Erk always made sure we as fans appreciated a win even if it was ugly. I appreciate what this team has accomplished and unlike many on here would say that the NCAA would just be a cherry on top of what’s already a pretty dang good milkshake. Thanks Coach B and the guys for a fun season.

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    I would leave basketball as is and put any money into baseball. That is the sport where we can compete on a national level in a very talent rich state.
    Money doesn’t bring championships, coaches and university support brings championships

3. Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Money keeps the coaches..university support is alumni donating and fans opening up their wallets after sustained success. Money plays into coaching and university support

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Disappointed that even our most ardent fans have written this team off. And, if winning 20 games in a season is not an accomplishment then we’ve gotten sad. Twenty Win season in itself is pretty dang special especially against one of the toughest schedules in program history. Erk always made sure we as fans appreciated a win even if it was ugly. I appreciate what this team has accomplished and unlike many on here would say that the NCAA would just be a cherry on top of what’s already a pretty dang good milkshake. Thanks Coach B and the guys for a fun season.
    It’s frustrating because even without Ike this team should have rolled its way to a regular seasonconference championship. We blew three games early in conference play that should have been easy wins. Win just two of those and you could have played walk ons the whole second half Saturday.as the regular season. Heck, I think they probably should have held on to the game game at ULM too. If I felt like this team had just gotten beat by better teams and was the third seed I wouldn’t be so down about it. Knowing this team took games away from itself can’t not irritate me.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUALLDAY25 View Post
    Money keeps the coaches..university support is alumni donating and fans opening up their wallets after sustained success. Money plays into coaching and university support
    We are a mid-major team/conference. We will never have the money to keep really good coaches. That's the real world.
    University support is having an AD that is committed to move the programs forward to the next level and the President/admin. that shares that vision. A president that wants to win on the field and holds the programs accountable if they don't. Example - Dr. Keel
    Another example of lack of support the powers to be showed our softball program. Softball is the Sun belts strongest program on a national level and our AD and Admin. showed no support for our program a couple years ago when hiring a new head coach. We went with the PC choice instead of the most qualified coach and we are paying for it now and will for the next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    We are a mid-major team/conference. We will never have the money to keep really good coaches. That's the real world.
    University support is having an AD that is committed to move the programs forward to the next level and the President/admin. that shares that vision. A president that wants to win on the field and holds the programs accountable if they don't. Example - Dr. Keel
    Another example of lack of support the powers to be showed our softball program. Softball is the Sun belts strongest program on a national level and our AD and Admin. showed no support for our program a couple years ago when hiring a new head coach. We went with the PC choice instead of the most qualified coach and we are paying for it now and will for the next couple of years.
    You obviously know something about the softball program that I don’t because I don’t keep up with softball. That being said, looks like they put money in the facility with new surface and turf, scoreboard and press box. Sometimes I walk through there and the area looks pretty nice. As far as the coach goes, the team seems to be competitive to me and she is in her second year so I would say she deserves 2 more just like coach Drown in Women’s basketball. This could be taken wrong but a softball or womens basketball team is not going to drive an athletic program. So, even if the hire is more for political reasons than abilities it is a hire that can be made. I’m not sure the justification of publicly bashing a coach and program put to each his own. Just my 2 cents.

ah, "Mid-Major" programs!, Mid-Major = Very difficult road ahead to be NCAA bound on a year in and year out bases. More to do with recruiting than anything else. Mid-Major recruiting = "crapshoot", you pick the best that is left over and hope like heck they perform. Our mid-major baseball team has got their team BA up to .257(were at .200).

8. Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Everything would be different if we had a general fan base that supported everyone rather than just football. Larger budgets can get more quality coaches etc ...

9. Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    It’s frustrating because even without Ike this team should have rolled its way to a regular seasonconference championship. We blew three games early in conference play that should have been easy wins. Win just two of those and you could have played walk ons the whole second half Saturday.as the regular season. Heck, I think they probably should have held on to the game game at ULM too. If I felt like this team had just gotten beat by better teams and was the third seed I wouldn’t be so down about it. Knowing this team took games away from itself can’t not irritate me.
    I have also seen both Texas State fans and Georgia State fans claiming they should have rolled to the regular-season championship with ease, citing “blown games” both early and late in the season. I don’t look at it that way. Unless you’re a true mid-major juggernaut, you’ll lose some conference games you “shouldn’t” lose. Most conference races are very close.

For this weekend, I’d say USA is the weakest team remaining but that each of the other five teams have a great chance to win the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Panthers View Post
    I have also seen both Texas State fans and Georgia State fans claiming they should have rolled to the regular-season championship with ease, citing “blown games” both early and late in the season. I don’t look at it that way. Unless you’re a true mid-major juggernaut, you’ll lose some conference games you “shouldn’t” lose. Most conference races are very close.

For this weekend, I’d say USA is the weakest team remaining but that each of the other five teams have a great chance to win the title.
    bingo, great post!