TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB vs Ga St

Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Stan and realgsu are always over and respectful when we are getting ready to play in football.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Stan and realgsu are always over and respectful when we are getting ready to play in football.
    +1. I think over time with some wins, some tough losses we all tend to mellow a bit. I think that's what is happening within the GS/Gag relationship. Not saying there are a few wacko's on each side but things are mellowing a bit. Which is good. I think they are realizing that it isn't that easy in developing a winning football tradition. They are on their way in having a basketball winning tradition(3 SB titles in 6 years, NCAA appearance).

Should we just stop playing basketball?

Haven't done a goddamn thing since 1992.

That's literally the year my brother was born... he's lived an entire lifetime with this program accomplishing nothing of note.
    Last edited by Buzz Killington; 14th March 2019 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post

That's literally the year my brother was born... he's lived an entire lifetime with this program accomplishing nothing of note.
    i have to agree for the most part, just somehow have to get to the NCAA's, we get on some sort of NCAA appearance run like say 3 appearances in 6-7 years watch the recruiting really kick up a notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post

I believe there are 6 schools that have never been ever.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

6. Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Maybe invest more into the program and we’ll see changes...we had a chance to go in 2015 or whenever Eric Ferguson was here but there again we can’t win the big games when they matter most. Like I said winning 20+ games doesn’t mean anything if you can’t win your conference because that’s the only way we would get in.

In my mind, its always been a semi afterthought on campus and in alumni minds. Football, Baseball, Men's Golf then Basketball.

I don't mean that negatively, but it just wasn't top of mind like some others.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

8. Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    In my mind, its always been a semi afterthought on campus and in alumni minds. Football, Baseball, Men's Golf then Basketball.

I don't mean that negatively, but it just wasn't top of mind like some others.
    Yeah, as a student I certainly did not keep up with the program as much as I do now. Honestly, and I'm not just saying this to evoke a "new arena" debate, but even as a student years ago I just did not care to attend many activities in Hanner.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Yeah, as a student I certainly did not keep up with the program as much as I do now. Honestly, and I'm not just saying this to evoke a "new arena" debate, but even as a student years ago I just did not care to attend many activities in Hanner.
    very good post. Like it or not we are a football school. The arena debate will go on and on, with all the money being dished out to pretty up Hanner I doubt we see a state of the art, 8-15,000 seat arena anytime soon. Heard a few weeks ago the idea of a Bulloch County/Statesboro convention Center/Arena is still likable in the eyes of GS but city/county do not appear that interested. After all they got their little cowboy arena just about done. Hay, were rural let's stay rural.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUALLDAY25 View Post
    Maybe invest more into the program and we’ll see changes...we had a chance to go in 2015 or whenever Eric Ferguson was here but there again we can’t win the big games when they matter most. Like I said winning 20+ games doesn’t mean anything if you can’t win your conference because that’s the only way we would get in.
    I would leave basketball as is and put any money into baseball. That is the sport where we can compete on a national level in a very talent rich state.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982