TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB vs Ga St

Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

UNCG HC after Wofford beat them twice during regular season installs new defense in one day before they played Wofford in SOCON final. Wofford still one but it was a close hard fought game. My point, if we make finals and play Gag again, I suggest we try something different on defense. UNCG went true pressure 1-2-2 trap then falling back into 2-3 zone overall it worked real well. If UNCG could have hit some shots down the stretch might have won.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    UNCG HC after Wofford beat them twice during regular season installs new defense in one day before they played Wofford in SOCON final. Wofford still one but it was a close hard fought game. My point, if we make finals and play Gag again, I suggest we try something different on defense. UNCG went true pressure 1-2-2 trap then falling back into 2-3 zone overall it worked real well. If UNCG could have hit some shots down the stretch might have won.
    We need the full court press... granted I know nothing about basketball, but I've never understood why the majority of teams just give up half the court. West Virginia seems to play more press defense and it usually works very well. They haven't done it as much this year and their results show it.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    I don't argue that point but if he was our clown we'd love it.

Not sure how many but the comps were there at least. Not sure how many bought tickets on their own.
    I wouldn't. The man is an embarrassment, but I guess he fits for them.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

4. Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    I wouldn't. The man is an embarrassment, but I guess he fits for them.
    You obviously revile the man, for reasons that probably arenít entirely rational. Does it matter at all to you that heís the most outspokenly charitable coach in the conference? You should check out what he and the team have done on every international preseason trip theyíve taken since he got to GSU, and what the players do while on those trips with Samaritanís Feet, a highly rated charity. Or is that just more hucksterism? Iím proud of him as a representative of GSU. I suspect, as others have said, that you really would feel differently if he were your schoolís coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Panthers View Post
    You obviously revile the man, for reasons that probably aren’t entirely rational. Does it matter at all to you that he’s the most outspokenly charitable coach in the conference? You should check out what he and the team have done on every international preseason trip they’ve taken since he got to GSU, and what the players do while on those trips with Samaritan’s Feet, a highly rated charity. Or is that just more hucksterism? I’m proud of him as a representative of GSU. I suspect, as others have said, that you really would feel differently if he were your school’s coach.
    You've really opened some eyes around here for sure. I know I love Ron Hunter now.

You obviously revile the man, for reasons that probably aren’t entirely rational. Does it matter at all to you that he’s the most outspokenly charitable coach in the conference? You should check out what he and the team have done on every international preseason trip they’ve taken since he got to GSU, and what the players do while on those trips with Samaritan’s Feet, a highly rated charity. Or is that just more hucksterism? I’m proud of him as a representative of GSU. I suspect, as others have said, that you really would feel differently if he were your school’s coach.
    Being charitable and an embarrassment when coaching aren't mutually exclusive.

7. Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

You obviously revile the man, for reasons that probably arenít entirely rational. Does it matter at all to you that heís the most outspokenly charitable coach in the conference? You should check out what he and the team have done on every international preseason trip theyíve taken since he got to GSU, and what the players do while on those trips with Samaritanís Feet, a highly rated charity. Or is that just more hucksterism? Iím proud of him as a representative of GSU. I suspect, as others have said, that you really would feel differently if he were your schoolís coach.
    I respect that, seriously, but in all reality, that is part of the job. Hunter in not an anomaly there, all SB coaches participate in such charitable activities. Nonetheless, it is still an embarrassment the way he willing chooses to conduct himself on the court in front of those impressionable kids. He is trash and fortunately for you, and the other 10's of loyal State fans, your campus is a trash can- I am glad you found each other.

Yeah... We're all being too mean. Just look at how charitable the good folks at Georgia State are.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...d-4e7ec6bf85f5
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

9. Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    You've really opened some eyes around here for sure. I know I love Ron Hunter now.
    I am glad I could bring you around. He really is a great guy.

10. Default Re: MBB vs Ga St

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    Yeah... We're all being too mean. Just look at how charitable the good folks at Georgia State are.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...d-4e7ec6bf85f5
    I do appreciate you pointing that out. With that many students volunteering to provide much-needed services to an older crowd, surely we can start challenging for the community service point, which you guys usually win, in the rivalry competition. There really is a ton to be proud of as a GSU alum.