TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFAA Email

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default EFAA Email

Just got the email announcing the date for next weekend (March 9th) of the EFAA Auction. Not trying to be rude but you've got to give people more time to plan for this event.

Default Re: EFAA Email

This was announced about a month ago? Whenever the Spring Practice schedule was announced.
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 26th February 2019 at 02:24 PM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

3. Default Re: EFAA Email

I don't remember seeing anything about it until this email but egg on my face for not being more proactive to figure it out.

It's always held on the day/weekend of the Spring Game.

Spring Game was announced leading up to or on Signing Day, so it's been quite a bit of time.

I understand that it seems out of the blue, cause it is earlier this year. Some folks were caught off guard and had already made plans for trips and stuff based on previous years being at the beginning of April.

Always keep an ear out for when the Spring Game is occuring, that'll tell you when it is.

5. Default Re: EFAA Email

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post

Always keep an ear out for when the Spring Game is occuring, that'll tell you when it is.
    Thanks for the protip. I'll be sure to look out for that next year.

The early recruiting period has changed things. Another benefit is we can get started earlier before all the spring storms that seem to cancel practice all the time.

7. Default Re: EFAA Email

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    I certainly understand.

I don't think all of them went for $2000 or less this year, but I can check later.

There are some staff members who have been bumped off team flights multiple times in recent years, so between them & coaches wives, that could be why.

Plus depending on where the winner is from anyways, it may just be easier to get straight to the game town vs meeting with the team prior to travel .
    The reason is probably that the flights are charter.

Operated under different rules, usually.

Need actual weights of players and bags.

Possibly some liability concerns as well. I bet thatís the main concern. Those flights are probably operated with very specific insurance concerns, and family, friends, or boosters probably would not be covered.

Iíve done many charters for various college sports teams, and no one other than players and coaches were ever on the manifest. (These werenít GS charters. Usually large schools like UF, LSU, Ole Miss or UGA. So we know boosters with deep pockets werenít the issue. Itís something else.)

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    The reason is probably that the flights are charter.

Operated under different rules, usually.

Need actual weights of players and bags.

Possibly some liability concerns as well. I bet that’s the main concern. Those flights are probably operated with very specific insurance concerns, and family, friends, or boosters probably would not be covered.

I’ve done many charters for various college sports teams, and no one other than players and coaches were ever on the manifest. (These weren’t GS charters. Usually large schools like UF, LSU, Ole Miss or UGA. So we know boosters with deep pockets weren’t the issue. It’s something else.)
    What insurance is required to take a private flight? There has been no talk of stopping inviting the T20 type of boosters on plane trips. Boosters have been traveling with teams for decades. It wasn't just the team that perished in the Marshall plane crash. Twenty five boosters died as well.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePA-C View Post
    I missed my first EFAA auction last night so Inquiring minds have to know how much did the shell casing from the howitzer fetch?
    Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Lol I figured it would have some interest, but didn't expect it to hold that high either.

It pulled in more than a set of sideline passes for all home games.
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePA-C View Post
    Thanks Gsudarlin, that’s less than I expected
    Sometimes, a guy has to do what a guy has to do...
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    Sometimes, a guy has to do what a guy has to do...
    Certainly glad it went to a good home