TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: EFAA Email

Default Re: EFAA Email

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_ikon View Post
    Honestly I can say I enjoyed my 2nd year at th auction...besides the class act at the live auction that grabbed the sheet after I finished signing as time expired for the godaddy bowl ball only to add his name. There are certain things people do that I look at that’s classless. When they say time is up...time is up. Erk said “Do Right”.....and that clearly wasn’t right. Other than that I had a fantastic night.

Some items went signifantly lower than I expected...the shotgun, ring, and bowl game ball all lower than expected.
    I heard about that, sorry to hear it was you that happened to.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    yep, but no flying with team. In future I would only start bidding if transportation is provided, heck to me that was the fun of it along with field passes.
    I certainly understand.

I don't think all of them went for $2000 or less this year, but I can check later.

There are some staff members who have been bumped off team flights multiple times in recent years, so between them & coaches wives, that could be why.

Plus depending on where the winner is from anyways, it may just be easier to get straight to the game town vs meeting with the team prior to travel .

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    I certainly understand.

I don't think all of them went for $2000 or less this year, but I can check later.

There are some staff members who have been bumped off team flights multiple times in recent years, so between them & coaches wives, that could be why.

Plus depending on where the winner is from anyways, it may just be easier to get straight to the game town vs meeting with the team prior to travel .
    Didn't the radio team have to drive to a road game 2 seasons ago? There was like 3 seats left on the plane, and 5 traveling.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Didn't the radio team have to drive to a road game 2 seasons ago? There was like 3 seats left on the plane, and 5 traveling.
    Yep. They got bumped from the Ark State trip in 2016, so had to drive to Jonesboro. I think they got bumped from all 3 flights this past year too.

$2000
    Thanks Gsudarlin, thatís less than I expected

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    So about $1900 more than my price range lol
    I was bidding on that one, but it 'escalated quickly'. My grandson loves that cannon!
    "It's supposed to be fun, the man says 'Play ball!', not 'Work ball!' you know" - Willie Stargell

Rick Bean
    BBA Management
    Class of 1981

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePA-C View Post
    Thanks Gsudarlin, that’s less than I expected
    I felt like a lot of things went for less than usual, but then there were a few that went for more than expected. I don't really know what I would've guessed for the howitzer shell.

The folding chair signed by team was $3200

I certainly understand.

again, I'm not ticked off or anything, it's a nice coaching perk to have their wives come along because you know that while we are paying them well, not sure we are paying them great yet.

From my observations about these trips in the past, the issue would seem to be donors they take along. And I don't mean people who have paid to be able to go.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

10. Default Re: EFAA Email

I certainly understand.

The reason is probably that the flights are charter.

Operated under different rules, usually.

Need actual weights of players and bags.

Possibly some liability concerns as well. I bet thatís the main concern. Those flights are probably operated with very specific insurance concerns, and family, friends, or boosters probably would not be covered.

Iíve done many charters for various college sports teams, and no one other than players and coaches were ever on the manifest. (These werenít GS charters. Usually large schools like UF, LSU, Ole Miss or UGA. So we know boosters with deep pockets werenít the issue. Itís something else.)