TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: EFAA Email

Default Re: EFAA Email

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    The reason is probably that the flights are charter.

Operated under different rules, usually.

Need actual weights of players and bags.

Possibly some liability concerns as well. I bet that’s the main concern. Those flights are probably operated with very specific insurance concerns, and family, friends, or boosters probably would not be covered.

I’ve done many charters for various college sports teams, and no one other than players and coaches were ever on the manifest. (These weren’t GS charters. Usually large schools like UF, LSU, Ole Miss or UGA. So we know boosters with deep pockets weren’t the issue. It’s something else.)
    What insurance is required to take a private flight? There has been no talk of stopping inviting the T20 type of boosters on plane trips. Boosters have been traveling with teams for decades. It wasn't just the team that perished in the Marshall plane crash. Twenty five boosters died as well.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePA-C View Post
    I missed my first EFAA auction last night so Inquiring minds have to know how much did the shell casing from the howitzer fetch?
    Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Lol I figured it would have some interest, but didn't expect it to hold that high either.

It pulled in more than a set of sideline passes for all home games.
    Thanks Gsudarlin, that’s less than I expected
    Sometimes, a guy has to do what a guy has to do...
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

3. Default Re: EFAA Email

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    What insurance is required to take a private flight? There has been no talk of stopping inviting the T20 type of boosters on plane trips. Boosters have been traveling with teams for decades. It wasn't just the team that perished in the Marshall plane crash. Twenty five boosters died as well.
    Iím sure you could arrange it, but itís probably not worthwhile for a handful of boosters.

Maybe they arenít insured at all. Perhaps they sign some kind of waiver.

All I know for sure is that charters are operated under different operations rules.

Iím guessing that these flights arenít subject to the protections provided by the concept of common carriage. (That limits the liability a passenger airline is exposed to.)

Limited sample set, but my flights never had boosters. Not to say that none ever did, but mine didnít. I usually got minor teams like volleyball, basketball, soccer and such, but we did a few P5 football teams along the way. (We had manifests with names, weights and everyone was identified as a player or coach. I donít recall ever seeing anyone who wasnít an employee or player. No coaches wives or boosters or family).

Liability isnít really my area of expertise. I just drive the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    Certainly glad it went to a good home

Lol I didn't realize it went to you. It was so slammed in there & a bit chaotic during the bidding, so hard for little 5'1" me to follow from the corner I was in

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Lol I didn't realize it went to you. It was so slammed in there & a bit chaotic during the bidding, so hard for little 5'1" me to follow from the corner I was in
    Certainly glad it went to a good home
    Currently, all the guys are deployed to Afghanistan and the case has all their signatures.

It being the first of what I hope will be a long tradition proved to be a item I couldn’t pass up.

I did end up paying for it twice though...
    once at EFAA and again when I got home and tried to explain to my wife what a good idea it was...
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Currently, all the guys are deployed to Afghanistan and the case has all their signatures.

It being the first of what I hope will be a long tradition proved to be a item I couldn’t pass up.

once at EFAA and again when I got home and tried to explain to my wife what a good idea it was...
    Hahaha It's definitely a unique piece!

8. Default Re: EFAA Email

I did see a pic of those guys in Aghanistan with their cannon and a big ol GS flag! GATA!!