TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A discussion between KJ & TALON in upgrading the schedule in 2-3 years

Default Re: A discussion between KJ & TALON in upgrading the schedule in 2-3 years

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    This

We need to try to win 10+ games a year and break into the tallest midget discussion before we can aspire to be the tallest anything else.
    I agre that at the pesent time GSU needs the wins as we always do however I'm still saying improve the shedule 3 years would help us.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Default Re: A discussion between KJ & TALON in upgrading the schedule in 2-3 years

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    I agre that at the pesent time GSU needs the wins as we always do however I'm still saying improve the shedule 3 years would help us.
    Do you just not pay attention? Our schedule is already set through 2023 (hint... that's 5 years from now, not two or three). In 2024 we already have BYU and Boise, which means we only need an FCS and P5 money game left to schedule in year #6. In those 5 years we play three SEC schools, Boise, BYU, Nebraska, Wisconsin, UAB, and FAU. How much more improvement do you think we are going to see over those schools? Then after that we have a H&H with Houston in 26 & 27.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Do you just not pay attention? Our schedule is already set through 2023 (hint... that's 5 years from now, not two or three). In 2024 we already have BYU and Boise, which means we only need an FCS and P5 money game left to schedule in year #6. In those 5 years we play three SEC schools, Boise, BYU, Nebraska, Wisconsin, UAB, and FAU. How much more improvement do you think we are going to see over those schools? Then after that we have a H&H with Houston in 26 & 27.
    I'm paying attention
    https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/georgia-southern/

2019 is very good season
    2020 - take out Campbell and replace them with a low level G5 and it would be fine.
    2021 take out G-Webb and replace them with a low level G5 and it would be fine.
    2022 - Take out Morgan State and that schedule works for me.
    2023 take out The Citadel and that year would be OK .

A home and home with BYU works for me.

4. Default Re: A discussion between KJ & TALON in upgrading the schedule in 2-3 years

EM, what part of my take are you enjoying?
    I didn't specify.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    I didn't specify.

I guess because you're on TT, its just the banter!

I'm paying attention
    https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/georgia-southern/

2019 is very good season
    2020 - take out Campbell and replace them with a low level G5 and it would be fine.
    2021 take out G-Webb and replace them with a low level G5 and it would be fine.
    2022 - Take out Morgan State and that schedule works for me.
    2023 take out The Citadel and that year would be OK .

A home and home with BYU works for me.
    2019 is not optimal at all. Two P5's is not what we want. That's a good way to guarantee you have years without 6 home games, which does nothing but piss people off.
    2020/2021 are GREAT.
    22/23 are what we should consider as not as good as it could be moving forward since both G5 opponents are CUSA and MAC. Getting a MWC/AAC should be the goal (or an Indy of BYU's caliber).
    24 is shaping up to be a strong schedule as well. Throw in a winnable P5 and a Gardner Webb/VMI and you've got a GREAT schedule again.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    2019 is not optimal at all. Two P5's is not what we want. That's a good way to guarantee you have years without 6 home games, which does nothing but piss people off.
    2020/2021 are GREAT.
    22/23 are what we should consider as not as good as it could be moving forward since both G5 opponents are CUSA and MAC. Getting a MWC/AAC should be the goal (or an Indy of BYU's caliber).
    24 is shaping up to be a strong schedule as well. Throw in a winnable P5 and a Gardner Webb/VMI and you've got a GREAT schedule again.
    Minnesota winnable
    https://bleacherreport.com/minnesota...tball/schedule