TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Baseball Series: Eagles vs West Virginia

Default Re: Baseball Series: Eagles vs West Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Guys. I care about y’all. That’s why I’m saying this.

You knew what this team would look like due to the MO of the staff. Don’t let yourself be surprised.
    I am a huge baseball fan and grew up watching stallings and georgia southern was known for their baseball, so it's not easy to say this but I think it's time for a new staff. Shake things up, new blood running things.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

2. Default Re: Baseball Series: Eagles vs West Virginia

6 games in and the sky is falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Large Marge View Post
    6 games in and the sky is falling.
    It's been falling for a number of years.

Are we recruiting the same kids just they are not panning out or playing to their potential? Or has our philosophy changed? When you have players like Eric Phillips, aj wirmsberger , brian pierce, Kyle Blackburn, ty Wright, Griffin Benedict, etc on a team why cant we even get half those type hitters now? I dont know the answer other than we are getting excellent talent but they are not reaching that next level when they arrive. So to me its coaching. Hittingcoach, assistants, Rh?I really dont know but the last 10 years have been the same with the exception of a couple.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    Are we recruiting the same kids just they are not panning out or playing to their potential? Or has our philosophy changed? When you have players like Eric Phillips, aj wirmsberger , brian pierce, Kyle Blackburn, ty Wright, Griffin Benedict, etc on a team why cant we even get half those type hitters now? I dont know the answer other than we are getting excellent talent but they are not reaching that next level when they arrive. So to me its coaching. Hittingcoach, assistants, Rh?I really dont know but the last 10 years have been the same with the exception of a couple.
    That’s a great question and I don’t follow recruiting in Baseball enough to know what kind of roster we are assembling each year.

Those that follow the team closely, how do we feel about the talent we’ve assembled the last 4-6 years or at least since we entered SBC play?

6. Default Re: Baseball Series: Eagles vs West Virginia

FWIW over the past six full seasons our average regular season record is 31.5 wins and 23.7 losses. Our postseason record during that time is 14-11 with one Regional appearance.