TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Series: Eagles vs West Virginia

Default Re: Baseball Series: Eagles vs West Virginia

E-Joe: I understand your frustration, but consider...we didn't hit worth a hoot, but both teams wound up with 5 hits. We struck out a disgusting 13 times, but WVU stuck out 11 times. One big difference was walks...we earned 2BoB while WVU earned 5. Not too bad...now if the state of Georgia would pass a law against bunting...

The big starter from WVU was throwing some gas and after he found the strike zone we were just watching strike 1 on that 96 mph heater over and over. Shuman pitched pretty well, I agree he was pulled too soon.

Not sure how we had 5 hits. At least two should have been scored errors.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

4. Default Re: Baseball Series: Eagles vs West Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    The big starter from WVU was throwing some gas and after he found the strike zone we were just watching strike 1 on that 96 mph heater over and over. Shuman pitched pretty well, I agree he was pulled too soon.
    He had 13 strikeouts in 6 innings in his first start vs. KSU. Looked like a tough hombre.

Kennesaw beat them.

6. Default Re: Baseball Series: Eagles vs West Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Kennesaw beat them.
    I bet you're a blast at a party.

7. Default Re: Baseball Series: Eagles vs West Virginia

Eski-poo, just how long would leave Shuman in there? 9 ip? You do know itís early in the season right? He pitched well. Did his job. There was no reason to leave him out there longer. We didnít hit. But, we were facing a legit pitcher tonight. Give it a break.

So, we pull him in a 1-0 game after 6, but WVU sends their guy out there in the seventh?

9. Default Re: Baseball Series: Eagles vs West Virginia

What does it matter if they send their pitcher out? How many pitches did he throw? How did he feel? Did he struggle any? Was it prearranged? Oh wait, I guess I better send my starter out because theyíll send theirs out. Címon Eski-Hennon-Cut-U, you put more thought into than that didnít you?

Guys, we go through this every year in the first few games. I am a high school baseball coach and at every level early in the season there are pitch limits. Itís impossible for a guy to go from pitching 30 pitch bullpens to 100 pitch games. Thatís how you kill arms. I am lucky to have a guy get past 50 pitches in their first couple of games. The idea is to build up to pitching 100 pitch games by the time region/conference play starts. We donít know what the coaching staff was working with on that front. I have a game on Tuesday and will pull him if he has a perfect game going but has thrown over 60 pitches. Iím sure I would be labeled an idiot too. Not to mention the moment he tells me his arm is bothering him in a non region game, I will take him out without hesitation. Not worth the risk. There is a lot more that goes into it.