TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Series: Eagles vs West Virginia

Default Re: Baseball Series: Eagles vs West Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Anyone who follows the team at all knew we were going to struggle to put runs on the board. We all were saying how great the schedule is, well if we continue to swing the bats so poorly this schedule is going to result in a lot of losses.
    If it does, at least the weaknesses are exposed and we know where improvement is needed instead of thinking we are better than we are against creampuffs. I believe a good GSU team should hold their own against this type of schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    If it does, at least the weaknesses are exposed and we know where improvement is needed instead of thinking we are better than we are against creampuffs. I believe a good GSU team should hold their own against this type of schedule.
    +1000, just got to hope the bats wake up soon and stay consistent. We got this freshman C/OF #45, his first name is Chandler. This is the kid I saw LACE pitch after pitch that one day in BP. I'm talking about "blue darts", I was so impressed I asked Matt Anderson, "who is this kid"?. If I'm GS HC, this kid gets a start Tuesday.

Yes we definitely should. I feel the last fifteen years or so baseball should have had a few more NCAA appearances than we have had. So in those terms I am disappointed as to where we are as a team. But if you look it at as an analyst you know this start is not surprising. Lately we have not had the hitters we had previously. Basically as a fan I am not happy, but I'm also not shocked as to what happened because that's what we are right now.

What's frustrating is that we wouldn't have to be raking to be sitting at 4-2 right now. The pitching has been so good, that with just a couple of more timely hits, we easily could have won both series.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    What's frustrating is that we wouldn't have to be raking to be sitting at 4-2 right now. The pitching has been so good, that with just a couple of more timely hits, we easily could have won both series.
    +1

Guys. I care about y’all. That’s why I’m saying this.

You knew what this team would look like due to the MO of the staff. Don’t let yourself be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Guys. I care about y’all. That’s why I’m saying this.

You knew what this team would look like due to the MO of the staff. Don’t let yourself be surprised.
    I am a huge baseball fan and grew up watching stallings and georgia southern was known for their baseball, so it's not easy to say this but I think it's time for a new staff. Shake things up, new blood running things.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Been way past time for a shakeup.

Why we keep running the same slap hitters out there after two or three years is beyond me. Would love to see Hennon start a position player squad of 6 freshmen come next weekend.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

9. Default Re: Baseball Series: Eagles vs West Virginia

6 games in and the sky is falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Large Marge View Post
    6 games in and the sky is falling.
    It's been falling for a number of years.