TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For All You Star Worshippers:

1. Default For All You Star Worshippers:

A 3 Star recruit created out of thin air. Catfished into being.
    http://amp.awfulannouncing.com/onlin...r-ranking.html

If ever you needed proof that the ‘Star’ system is broken.... Here you go-a 3-Star ghost

Default Re: For All You Star Worshippers:

What is this? The tenth time someone has posted this story over the past couple of days?
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

3. Default Re: For All You Star Worshippers:

Well, case closed. No need to rank recruits any more. Glad we solved that one.

4. Default Re: For All You Star Worshippers:

You gotta admit.

The system is messed up.

So many stars-for someone who isn’t actually a player. Or real. Or any such.

Really makes you wonder whether actual humans in the recruiting biz lay eyes on a lot of these guys. Technology sure makes gaming the system way easier.

But yeah. Stars and such. Cause yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    You gotta admit.

The system is messed up.

So many stars-for someone who isn’t actually a player. Or real. Or any such.
    Yup. The whole system is laughable, and people like E22 who used to be involved with Rivals have tried to tell the believers that, but they won't listen. And if the process for evaluating recruits for elite programs is really that facile, why does anyone think evaluations for G5 players are worth anything?

These recruiting services don't really have to get things right (especially at the G5 level) in order to continue to make money, so they aren't going to spend the money to be thorough and rigorous with it. And they've got lots of people fooled at the fallacy of the correlation between recruiting and national rankings as well.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

I think the rankings for the top 200 kids in the country are probably pretty legit. Basically, I think these sites do a good job finding the "Blue Chips" (Your 5 and 4 star guys) and hyping them up.

Anything below that is sketchy at best. ESPECIALLY at the G5 level.

I don't believe for one second that the types of kids that we sign have been heavily scouted.

With that being said...there is STILL a positive correlation between signing good recruits and winning... which is obvious. It's easier to win when you have better players.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I think the rankings for the top 200 kids in the country are probably pretty legit. Basically, I think these sites do a good job finding the "Blue Chips" (Your 5 and 4 star guys) and hyping them up.

Anything below that is sketchy at best. ESPECIALLY at the G5 level.

I don't believe for one second that the types of kids that we sign have been heavily scouted.

With that being said...there is STILL a positive correlation between signing good recruits and winning... which is obvious. It's easier to win when you have better players.
    This is spot on.

The FBS basically has 4 tiers:

1. The first tier are the 15-20 blue bloods like UGA, Alabama, Ohio State etc. that can realistically win a national championship.

2. The second tier is most of the rest of the Power 5 and top G5 programs like Boise, UCF, Houston, etc.

3. The third tier is teams like us, App State, Arkansas State, Troy, Marshall, and Toledo.

4. The last tier is teams like NMSU, Ball State, Charlotte, San Jose State, etc.

The vast majority of 4 and 5-star guys end up playing for the teams in the first tier, and you really don't even need 247 to tell you those guys are elite, you need only watch them play and you can see it for yourself because they completely stick out. That leaves a crap shoot rankings the recruits in the portion of the FBS we want to be competitive with.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

thUGA doesn’t belong in that first tier. Can’t go 40 years without winning a ship and be in that tier.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

9. Default Re: For All You Star Worshippers:

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    thUGA doesn’t belong in that first tier. Can’t go 40 years without winning a ship and be in that tier.

I hate them too, but they’re in that tier now. Them and maybe 15 or so other teams.

10. Default Re: For All You Star Worshippers:

Quote Originally Posted by blueisbetterthanpurple View Post
    I hate them too, but they’re in that tier now. Them and maybe 15 or so other teams.
    They would be in that tier.

If not for Kirby Smart.

They won’t win a NC with him. I think threw that last game on purpose. There are mistakes, there are bad decisions, but that could not possibly have been a mistake. No one is that incompetent. Even CTS was probably screaming “what the hell?”

(Never trust anyone who has spent that much time around Sabin. Ol Nick probably has dirt on him. Never trust Sabin spawn.)