TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Spring practice

1. Default Re: Spring practice

This isn’t that hard to figure out. We play with a lot of 2 RB sets. Those will go mostly to Logan Wright and Wes Kennedy. But we will also bounce Kennedy around a good bit because of his versatility and speed in the slot.This is where the new RB’s come in. I know many are anxious to see what Cunningham can do.

Default Re: Spring practice

Would love to see more 3 back sets with Speedy, Kennedy, and Wright. Why we don’t motion but about 20 percent of the time now really irks me.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Uh huh.

It's kinda funny, but then again imagine how much better things would be if there were more people in politics....or just in general.....like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Would love to see more 3 back sets with Speedy, Kennedy, and Wright.
    You already saw some of these with our diamond formation, and on plays when we had two split backs and Kennedy rotating in the slot (with is the same personnel group as the diamond).

Our other three-back set is the Maryland I from the pistol; the TE lines up as a RB in that one.

Both of those are wrinkles, not sets we'll use often.

We've got two (and a half?) base formations, and that's probably enough to account for most defensive fronts.

DeBesse knows what he's doing.

Why we don’t motion but about 20 percent of the time now really irks me.
    Can you support this claim with evidence?
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

5. Default Re: Spring practice

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Uh huh.

Do I need to be as literal as possible?

I think he is tough, but I also think he is small for that position.

Physics is unforgiving. Tough only goes so far when you get drilled over and over. He is smaller than our other RBs. Way smaller than Fields-and he got injured. Brenda got his shoulder tore up.

RB is a position where a guy takes a LOT of abuse. Tough is one thing, but stuff breaks, that’s where durability is a factor more than toughness.

Really wish we would get some feedback on who has improved, newcomers, etc.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Best thing is we have the entire coaching staff back and that will make a huge difference on both sides of the ball. GATA.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Do I need to be as literal as possible?

I think he is tough, but I also think he is small for that position.

Physics is unforgiving. Tough only goes so far when you get drilled over and over. He is smaller than our other RBs. Way smaller than Fields-and he got injured. Brenda got his shoulder tore up.

RB is a position where a guy takes a LOT of abuse. Tough is one thing, but stuff breaks, that’s where durability is a factor more than toughness.
    We’ve had so much versatility and diversity at running back I forget all about Brenda. Brenda was tough as nails.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    We’ve had so much versatility and diversity at running back I forget all about Brenda. Brenda was tough as nails.
    she had speed I'll give you that, she also looked pretty good in that uniform.

Would love to see more 3 back sets with Speedy, Kennedy, and Wright. Why we don’t motion but about 20 percent of the time now really irks me.
    I too have had some times when I've wondered why we don't motion more etc...Having recently listened to some analytics of Sean McVay and his offense. The new trend is to have almost every play look the same from a personnel and presentation standpoint. But they have tons of variation and play nuances in that set to cause more confusion. The defense sees the same presentation every time but has no intuition on what the play will be. Sophisticated simplification. I would assume that is what Debesse is shooting for.