TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Spring practice

Default Re: Spring practice

Did someone say Dexter Carter?(smile), get that kid playing slot and returning kick offs especially if we are moving Kennedy to Rb

2. Default Re: Spring practice

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Did someone say Dexter Carter?(smile), get that kid playing slot and returning kick offs especially if we are moving Kennedy to Rb
    I agree. Try to reduce WKIIIís exposure to big hits on run backs. Carter has shown great special teams play and should get a chance to return.

3. Default Re: Spring practice

Quote Originally Posted by TiftEagle View Post
    I agree. Try to reduce WKIIIís exposure to big hits on run backs. Carter has shown great special teams play and should get a chance to return.
    Kennedy is pretty tough, but I was definitely holding my breath a few times when he got hit hard.

Iím also worried about ball retention at RB. He lost it on a couple of kickoff returns. Fields pretty much never lost it.

Not a knock against Kennedy at all, but I really do think his size will be a liability at RB. His speed his awesome, but he isnít nearly as thick as Fields or Brieda.

Plus, I think we have a lot of depth at RB. Much more than we have at slot

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Kennedy is pretty tough, but I was definitely holding my breath a few times when he got hit hard.

I’m also worried about ball retention at RB. He lost it on a couple of kickoff returns. Fields pretty much never lost it.

Not a knock against Kennedy at all, but I really do think his size will be a liability at RB. His speed his awesome, but he isn’t nearly as thick as Fields or Brieda.

Plus, I think we have a lot of depth at RB. Much more than we have at slot
    I can only recall Kennedy dropping one kickoff and that was because it was a pretty massive hit.

I'd like to see us start taking more fair catches though honestly. No reason to not take the yardage if they drop the kickoff inside the 5.

5. Default Re: Spring practice

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I can only recall Kennedy dropping one kickoff and that was because it was a pretty massive hit.

I'd like to see us start taking more fair catches though honestly. No reason to not take the yardage if they drop the kickoff inside the 5.
    Was a couple or maybe 3. Pretty sure we came up with the ball each time.

Not saying I could have hung onto it after a hit like that, but I think he could be exposed to more hits like that at RB.

Heís an incredible player, but he isnít as durable as many of our traditional RBs

Iím just not sure how suited he is to be RB. Heís definitely shown versatility, but Iím concerned about durability

I’m pretty sure he fumbled a few onside kicks, though.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

he isn’t nearly as thick as Fields or Brieda.
    Fields, no.

But Breida couldn’t have been more than 170-175 as a sophomore. I mean, he weighed around 150 as a freshman and topped out around 190 at GS.

And Kennedy has got to be heavier than Jayson Foster and a whole lot of other guys who toted the rock a lot for us.

As long as he’s not running between the tackles more than 10-12 times a game, every game, he should be fine.

We need to hit HRs from the RB position, and Fields and LaRoche are probably the only speed backs on the roster.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

In his defense the ball didn't drop as much as it went flying about 10 feet in the air on a hit I didn't even think he would return from. Then he scored the game winning touchdown.

9. Default Re: Spring practice

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    In his defense the ball didn't drop as much as it went flying about 10 feet in the air on a hit I didn't even think he would return from. Then he scored the game winning touchdown.

That was amazing!

He is one tough cookie!

Was a couple or maybe 3. Pretty sure we came up with the ball each time.

Not saying I could have hung onto it after a hit like that, but I think he could be exposed to more hits like that at RB.

He’s an incredible player, but he isn’t as durable as many of our traditional RBs

I’m just not sure how suited he is to be RB. He’s definitely shown versatility, but I’m concerned about durability
    Uh huh.

That was amazing!

He is one tough cookie!