TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring practice

1. Default Re: Spring practice

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Hmm . . . option offenses typically have—and should have—the slimmest playbooks in the game. All you need is a few carefully-packaged series and a handful of wrinkles.
    You're right. What I really meant by diversify is having more of those "wrinkles" that can keep a defense on their toes is a part of a successful option offense, and I think we can achieve that in year 2 of DeBesse.

Default Re: Spring practice

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I don't want to pass unless the other team forces you to do it.

Get into fewer 3rd down and 9 situations by running better on first and second down, then throw it when the defense is getting in your face.
    This makes my head hurt.

“Based on what he did in the fall, he’s definitely a focal point for us. He’s a guy who we definitely have to be able to get the ball to X number of times.”

I feel like somebody around her has been saying that about Kennedy for a year now. Just can’t put my finger on who it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

I don't want to pass unless the other team forces you to do it.
    I want to score a TD every time a defense dares us to throw.

Get into fewer 3rd down and 9 situations by running better on first and second down, then throw it when the defense is getting in your face.
    100% agree. Also, if we can consistently run for first downs after getting into 2nd and 10+ situations, that will allow us to call pass plays "when we want."

We weren't good/consistent enough to overcome getting "off schedule" due to an incompletion on first down in 2018.

Hopefully, we'll have the luxury to be more aggressive in 2019.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    “Based on what he did in the fall, he’s definitely a focal point for us. He’s a guy who we definitely have to be able to get the ball to X number of times.”

I feel like somebody around her has been saying that about Kennedy for a year now. Just can’t put my finger on who it was.
    "We don't have many guys with breakaway speed." I feel like somebody around her has been saying that about our offense for a year now. Just can’t put my finger on who it was.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash

I’m anxious to see what WKIII’s size will be listed at on the 2019 roster. On the one recent twitter pic he looked SIGNIFICANTLY beefed up. At 5’-10” and 175, it seemed to me like he was just lanky enough that you had to focus on getting him his touches “in space” via ruturns, receptions, and on the edge. If he’s filled out and physically matured as much as it looked like, I would think it should be easier to feature him more in our scheme as a “do anything” back.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I’m anxious to see what WKIII’s size will be listed at on the 2019 roster. On the one recent twitter pic he looked SIGNIFICANTLY beefed up. At 5’-10” and 175, it seemed to me like he was just lanky enough that you had to focus on getting him his touches “in space” via ruturns, receptions, and on the edge. If he’s filled out and physically matured as much as it looked like, I would think it should be easier to feature him more in our scheme as a “do anything” back.
    I seriously doubt that he's 5'10", and his lower body is tiny.

Still, he can't be smaller than Breida was as a sophomore.

I like him playing RB in 21 personnel and slot in 11 personnel, which is sorta what he did at the end of the season in 2018. Of course, he was merely part of a deep rotation at RB. In 2019, I want to see him playing as many downs as possible, no matter where he lines up.

As long as someone else emerges at slot, him getting most or all of his work at RB is reasonable.

I hate to see us replace what he did as a pitch man from the slot with someone who is "only" a pass-catcher, though. I mean, Walker and Johnson were fine receivers who handled the position in 2014-15, but I like to see a true "wing" at that position. For reference, see the Ark St and EMU games.

I guess our ability to move Kennedy to RB full-time depends on Thompson, Murray, and Darius Lewis.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash

Said to anyone sitting near me. Every. Single. Game. 😎

Where we going to get more speed?, the new RB we recruited I think out of Florida may be quick. I like how our staff is well aware of the need of speed.

Literally, everyone with "half" a brain.