TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring practice

Default Re: Spring practice

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Where we going to get more speed?, the new RB we recruited I think out of Florida may be quick. I like how our staff is well aware of the need of speed.
    Cue the top gun gif...

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I seriously doubt that he's 5'10", and his lower body is tiny.

Still, he can't be smaller than Breida was as a sophomore.

I like him playing RB in 21 personnel and slot in 11 personnel, which is sorta what he did at the end of the season in 2018. Of course, he was merely part of a deep rotation at RB. In 2019, I want to see him playing as many downs as possible, no matter where he lines up.

As long as someone else emerges at slot, him getting most or all of his work at RB is reasonable.

I hate to see us replace what he did as a pitch man from the slot with someone who is "only" a pass-catcher, though. I mean, Walker and Johnson were fine receivers who handled the position in 2014-15, but I like to see a true "wing" at that position. For reference, see the Ark St and EMU games.

I guess our ability to move Kennedy to RB full-time depends on Thompson, Murray, and Darius Lewis.
    I don’t think his lower body is proportionally tiny relative to his overall frame.

I’m just saying that at 175 lbs, I sort of wince at the thought of asking him to bang between the tackles 10+ times a game, but at, say 195 lbs, he’s better equipped to do that if necessary and we don’t have to get “creative” in order to work the ball into his hands and get him those additional touches we all would like to see.

I’m hoping he looks like a mini Jerick come next fall while retaining his superb mobility.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

"We don't have many guys with breakaway speed." I feel like somebody around her has been saying that about our offense for a year now. Just can’t put my finger on who it was.

You weren’t alone. Which is why before the season started I said Kennedy needed 15-18 touches (special teams included) a game and got crushed for the most part for saying that.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I don’t think his lower body is proportionally tiny relative to his overall frame.
    Ha! I was thinking exactly the opposite, that he has short legs and tiny feet.

If we can get him, LaRoche, and Thompson on the field at the same time, we might look a little more like Georgia Southern.

Edit: What’s funny is that BC’s other A-Back, Tyleek Collins (?) looked—to me—at least as big and definitely “longer” than Kennedy in their HS film.

UNLV lists Collins at 5’9”, 170 LBs. BTW, he had a good year as a true freshman for the Rebels.
    Last edited by pete4256; 14th February 2019 at 04:37 PM.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Ha! I was thinking exactly the opposite, that he has short legs and tiny feet.

If we can get him, LaRoche, and Thompson on the field at the same time, we might look a little more like Georgia Southern.
    First of all, after I hit “post reply” I thought “Oh, gosh. I really put it on a tee with that comment. The jokes are going to write themselves.”

. . . but I was talking about muscle mass. Now that you mention it, he’s not especially long-legged.

I’ll go ahead and say again that I’m looking for big things out of Logan Wright going forward.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

6. Default Re: Spring practice

I like Debeese overall, but he has some stuff to figure out about 3rd and 4th conversions.

We don’t need to keep running the same play up the middle and getting stuffed... Happened all season on 3rd and short.... And don’t get me started on just giving up on ever trying to convert a 4th....

Maybe a more complex playbook will help with this stuff. I hope

When we have an average punt of @ 30 yards, we got to be aggressive.

Some people keep talking about DeBesse’s play calling like he has no imagination or struggles with “in game”adjustments. Sure, he only installed a small amount of plays and didn’t use as much pre-snap motion as he has in the past.

He said at then beginning of his tenure as OC that we would focus on discipline with taking care of the ball + minimize turnovers + run our base plays and take baby steps towards being more varied/intricate. I feel like this was the main ingredient to our success in being a 10-3 club.

I’m sure that he would love to have a more “wide open” playbook. To have a more established and diversified passing game. Gotta crawl-walk-run! Get our OL play improved both in talent base and execution which will allow for better down-and-distance and give Shai a chance to go past his first read on a pass pattern.

We are on the right track and am glad that he’s our OC. I’m optimistic to look back after this upcoming season and see how far we’ve progressed again.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleEagle View Post
    Cue the top gun gif...
    What, this one?

We need to move Thompson to offense to either WR or slot. Speedy needs a ton of touches at RB. What I really want to see is more motion at the snap. Need to get more pitches out to the RBs, slots, and even WR. Never punt on fourth and two or less.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

I see Wes Kennedy around campus frequently, the dude is jacked. Greenhalgh is getting and keeping guys in shape and ready to go. I have no doubts about Kennedy possibly playing RB full-time next season.