TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bball vs. South Alabama

Default Re: Bball vs. South Alabama

It's not conditioning. I've seen us give up huge runs at pretty much any point in the game this season.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Gag beat Troy last night and per box score that very good forward on Troy didn't play. It would be nice if he didn't play again Friday.
    Pretty sure that Varnado hasn't played in like their last 3 or 4 games. It would be just our luck for him to show up Friday night. I'd be okay with him being less than 100% if he does.

Quote Originally Posted by loyaleagle View Post
    Pretty sure that Varnado hasn't played in like their last 3 or 4 games. It would be just our luck for him to show up Friday night. I'd be okay with him being less than 100% if he does.
    yep, that's the guy, he always seems to go off on us.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    Our team is a threat to take out anyone in the Sun Belt on any given night, but has also habitually played 5-10 minutes per game that are bad enough to let any SBC team beat them.

This has been the trend for the last two years and I don't expect them to fix the huge swoons in every game anytime soon... So that leaves us with basically one route to the NCAA tournament. They have to finish 1 or 2 in the regular season rankings and get the bye into the semifinals.

The team is good enough to beat any team in the SBC. And when they are clicking, they can put even the best team in a trash can for a 5-10 minute stretch. We just need to stop having the 5-10 minute brain fart that seems to pop up in every game. I know that we can square up against anyone in the conference, but I doubt our ability to play more than two straight games where our good traits outshine our bad ones.
    +1

How was the crowd? I really wanted to make it but I’ve been studying for an accounting exam this week

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesSoar42 View Post
    How was the crowd? I really wanted to make it but I’ve been studying for an accounting exam this week
    It was an average crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    It was an average crowd.
    A nice way of saying crap, 1,300. The low side on the student side had plenty of seats empty. I expect tonight to be packed, on tv, there will be kids there tonight that haven't been to a game all year. Of course starting at 9 so who knows maybe a dismal turnout. Hard to figure out the "student body" over past 3 seasons.

I have a seating question. I thought the students had the whole side behind the teams, other than the Ron Hunter Memorial two rows behind the visitors. But in the small section on the end behind our bench, there is a guard every game keeping people from sitting there. A few folks are allowed to sit there, but he turns lots of people away.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

I thought the turnout was pretty good. Can be a lot better as we should be a sellout every game and students should have to order tickets ahead of game due to seating limits. But, alas, the fate of GS basketball! Still the best game in town. Hats off to Byington and staff for developing a quality program for our University. As the wins come, so will the fans.

TB is a special player. Those last 3 games will be the bomb! Mark March 9th on the calendar. Don’t miss that game if you enjoy atmosphere and enjoy celebrating our team and University.