TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Call/Request to shorten 21+ wristband lines

Default Call/Request to shorten 21+ wristband lines

If this had been addressed I apologize.

But if not, is there a plan to fix this problem?
    The lines are way too long. You can easily miss the first quarter or a significant portion of it.

Can we get a both outside the gate set up way before kickoff to have your ID checked and issue wristbands? That'd be worth a quick walk up there and back to the tailgate at leisure. Or some other solution.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Call/Request to shorten 21+ wristband lines

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    If this had been addressed I apologize.

But if not, is there a plan to fix this problem?
    The lines are way too long. You can easily miss the first quarter or a significant portion of it.

Can we get a both outside the gate set up way before kickoff to have your ID checked and issue wristbands? That'd be worth a quick walk up there and back to the tailgate at leisure. Or some other solution.

Thoughts?
    My thought is to ask why standing in line for beer is more important than watching the game. Is it hard to go three hours without a beer?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    My thought is to ask why standing in line for beer is more important than watching the game. Is it hard to go three hours without a beer?
    Why should we have to choose? Some of us actually like the social aspects of GS fans along with the GS brand of football. It's a problem that can be fixed with some thought and a little effort.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

The easiest way would be to just mail the wristbands out ahead of time. The lines are indeed very long.

If people pay for it as part of their seating area then it isn't unreasonable to expect that they will want that perk.

5. Default Re: Call/Request to shorten 21+ wristband lines

You are missing the point.

Itís not about the beer, itís about the money.

I saw how much beer was being sold in Montgomery. We need that kind of money.

People set high goals for where we need to be long-term, but then they ignore the funding we need to get there.

We donít need to step over any more money for stupid reasons. If Gag gets that source of revenue, we should too!

Beer should be sold. We really need to get off the pot on this one.

During a football game yes lol
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    You are missing the point.

It’s not about the beer, it’s about the money.

I saw how much beer was being sold in Montgomery. We need that kind of money.

People set high goals for where we need to be long-term, but then they ignore the funding we need to get there.

We don’t need to step over any more money for stupid reasons. If Gag gets that source of revenue, we should too!

Beer should be sold. We really need to get off the pot on this one.
    I'm not disagreeing with beer sales, just pointing out that there are a lot of other factors that seem to be ignored by the ones that are the loudest proponents of it. Most exclaim that there is no reason not to sell it, but they are not the ones that have to deal wih the ramifications of selling it.

Since you used Montgomery as an example, I sat in an aisle seat and was amazed at the number of our fans that came up the steps with more beers than they could carry in their hands. They had four or five in their arms and others bulging out of their pockets. It wasn't a one time thing, and it wasn't just one person. Don't get me wrong, I had my share at the game too. But there was A LOT of over served fans in the stands. Not to mention that there were two different times that medics were called to just my section alone because of falls due to being too drunk to stand. Who knows if there were more.

But wait, studies prove.... Tell that to the guy who face planted on the metal bleacher and knocked about 4 of his front teeth out because he was too drunk to stand.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

8. Default Re: Call/Request to shorten 21+ wristband lines

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with beer sales, just pointing out that there are a lot of other factors that seem to be ignored by the ones that are the loudest proponents of it. Most exclaim that there is no reason not to sell it, but they are not the ones that have to deal wih the ramifications of selling it.

Since you used Montgomery as an example, I sat in an aisle seat and was amazed at the number of our fans that came up the steps with more beers than they could carry in their hands. They had four or five in their arms and others bulging out of their pockets. It wasn't a one time thing, and it wasn't just one person. Don't get me wrong, I had my share at the game too. But there was A LOT of over served fans in the stands. Not to mention that there were two different times that medics were called to just my section alone because of falls due to being too drunk to stand. Who knows if there were more.

But wait, studies prove.... Tell that to the guy who face planted on the metal bleacher and knocked about 4 of his front teeth out because he was too drunk to stand.
    I donít see that as a problem.

The kind of jackwagons who would throw a lawsuit over something like that are the same kind who walk through the doors at wal mart and pretend to slip on something.

The fact that many people game the legal system is just a reality in the modern world.

Lawyers who pursue those cases have no intention of setting foot in court. Itís just a ďpay me 20k and Iíll go awayĒ thing.

I donít think beer sales would raise our risk profile at all. We probably get a dozen slip and fall suits every season anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I don’t see that as a problem.

The kind of jackwagons who would throw a lawsuit over something like that are the same kind who walk through the doors at wal mart and pretend to slip on something.

The fact that many people game the legal system is just a reality in the modern world.

Lawyers who pursue those cases have no intention of setting foot in court. It’s just a “pay me 20k and I’ll go away” thing.

I don’t think beer sales would raise our risk profile at all. We probably get a dozen slip and fall suits every season anyhow.
    That "$20K and I'll go away" just ate up a lot of your beer selling profit. Also, there's a big difference in a couple fake slip and falls and a vehicular manslaughter because someone hits someone in the parking lot or on the way home and can say that a GS employee over served them. Yes, it's an extreme example, but my point is that it is not as simple as sell beer and back the brinks trucks up. There are plenty of good reasons not to sell it. The question is whether the pros outweigh the cons. That is not a decision that we as fans get to make.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

So now we're not selling beer because we're afraid of potential litigation? Maybe we're too small time to be in FBS football.

I mean, we'll let 200 kids fly around and give each other TBIs every Saturday, but God forbid we sell a beer.