TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Call/Request to shorten 21+ wristband lines

Default Re: Call/Request to shorten 21+ wristband lines

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    My thought is to ask why standing in line for beer is more important than watching the game. Is it hard to go three hours without a beer?
    I can do without many things on gameday that we have, but I also want attendance to be good and want the gameday experience to be as good as it can be.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    So now we're not selling beer because we're afraid of potential litigation? Maybe we're too small time to be in FBS football.

I mean, we'll let 200 kids fly around and give each other TBIs every Saturday, but God forbid we sell a beer.
    No, I didn't say that and you know it. I said there are more things to consider than simply how much money do we make off of selling a beer. Everyone acts like it's such a no brainer, and it's not.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

To echo Touchdown's thoughts, there really should be a wristband check-in set up outside the stadium, hours before the game, so that folks can take care of it at their leisure. That, and/or significantly increase the number of workers at the stations for the half hour or so before kickoff when most people are entering the stadium.

4. Default Re: Call/Request to shorten 21+ wristband lines

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    That "$20K and I'll go away" just ate up a lot of your beer selling profit. Also, there's a big difference in a couple fake slip and falls and a vehicular manslaughter because someone hits someone in the parking lot or on the way home and can say that a GS employee over served them. Yes, it's an extreme example, but my point is that it is not as simple as sell beer and back the brinks trucks up. There are plenty of good reasons not to sell it. The question is whether the pros outweigh the cons. That is not a decision that we as fans get to make.
    I’m no lawyer, but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t work that way.

That’s a criminal act. Pretty sure the school is not exposed in that case.

You can sue anyone for anything, and people throw frivolous stuff around every day.

(I know there have been silly *** lawsuits against bars similar to what you mention, but the bar is not criminally negligent. The objective of those cases is to get paid about the cost of going to court-just to go away. Insurers do that all day long, knowing full well that any judge will throw that suit right out, but also knowing that it’s cheaper to just end it before that point.)

Pretty sure the example you mention is not a risk. At all.

Buzz makes a good point about people getting hurt on the field. I was at that UGA game where the SU player was paralyzed (very tragic.) Somehow Sanford is still there, and that program is very much non-bankrupt.

(As an aside, Richt really stepped up to help that player and his family out financially. That guy is a class act.)

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

You can sue anyone for anything, and people throw frivolous stuff around every day.

(I know there have been silly *** lawsuits against bars similar to what you mention, but the bar is not criminally negligent. The objective of those cases is to get paid about the cost of going to court-just to go away. Insurers do that all day long, knowing full well that any judge will throw that suit right out, but also knowing that it’s cheaper to just end it before that point.)

Buzz makes a good point about people getting hurt on the field. I was at that UGA game where the SU player was paralyzed (very tragic.) Somehow Sanford is still there, and that program is very much non-bankrupt.

(As an aside, Richt really stepped up to help that player and his family out financially. That guy is a class act.)
    I'm not going to train wreck the thread anymore than we already have, so this will be my last comment about it. Frivolous or not, the Univ could still be sued for it. They are called dram shop laws and almost all states have them. I would also assume that every athlete signs some sort of release of liability before they ever step foot on the field/court. I know my parents did for school and little league, etc. As litigious as society is why would college sports be any different?

As I said, I'm done on this topic because this isn't the thread for it.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

Do a quick Google search with a list of terms like "bar", "lawsuit", "liability", "over serving", "wrongful death", etc.

The results list of actual $10 million + verdicts against the facility that served them will be dozens of pages long. Of course, you were previously noted saying that insurance to cover such liability shouldn't cost "that much", without any apparent basis or reference to how much is "much".

I'm not saying we shouldn't sell beer, just that it's a real risk that has to be considered. We ARE already exposed to such risk to a degree, since we ARE already dispensing alcohol. No idea how much selling it out of concessions would change that.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Any release that a player signs still won't stop them from suing the school for any gross negligence.

The alcohol thing is WAY overblown. The fact is we're already serving beer in the stadium. The question isn't if, but WHEN do we open it up to everyone.

8. Default Re: Call/Request to shorten 21+ wristband lines

Any release that a player signs still won't stop them from suing the school for any gross negligence.

The alcohol thing is WAY overblown. The fact is we're already serving beer in the stadium. The question isn't if, but WHEN do we open it up to everyone.
    And every game we don't sell is just money down the drain.

9. Default Re: Call/Request to shorten 21+ wristband lines

Exactly.

These guys been watching waaaaaay to many “Get In A Wreck, We Get U A Check, Dog” ads.

Way too many.

One callllllll. That's alllllll.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"