TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Kicker Univ?

Default Re: Kicker Univ?

2006 and 2012 were easily the two worst seasons in terms of kicking. No other years in the time I've been a fan come anywhere close.

I think people forget Jonathan Dudley was actually a decent kicker and BVG messed him up. He kicked a long one to put us over the top against Northeastern and saved us an embarrassing loss that probably would have us left out of the playoffs.

And people always think of that FG at the end of the Furman game in 2007 (that Jessie Hartley absolutely should've made). They also forget Hartley kicked a 44-yarder in the 4th quarter to give us the first win over Wofford in 3 seasons and kicked a 54-yarder to beat SDSU. The guy could miss a chip-shot FG and nail a mile-long kick in the same game.

2014 and 2015 were really decent in the kicking game. I remember Alex Hanks hitting 3 field goals against NC State and wondering who had kidnapped him and put on his uniform.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

2. Default Re: Kicker Univ?

Quote Originally Posted by blueisbetterthanpurple View Post
    Mora, Koo, and Bass are our last three kickers. Hey made a HUGE difference in our overall chances to win games.

Mora doesnít get quite as much credit as Koo and Bass probably because of leg strength. Mora didnít miss anything under 40 yards, but results were a mixed bag with anything over 45. I donít even remember us attempting 50+ with him. Probably for good reason.

Koo was very accurate, and also had the ability to hit 50+ yarders.

Bass has a chance to be our all time best kicker. He has the combo of leg strength and accuracy.
    I wouldnít be surprised to see Bass have a long and successful NFL career.

He not only has strength and accuracy, he is very good under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    2006 and 2012 were easily the two worst seasons in terms of kicking. No other years in the time I've been a fan come anywhere close.

I think people forget Jonathan Dudley was actually a decent kicker and BVG messed him up. He kicked a long one to put us over the top against Northeastern and saved us an embarrassing loss that probably would have us left out of the playoffs.

And people always think of that FG at the end of the Furman game in 2007 (that Jessie Hartley absolutely should've made). They also forget Hartley kicked a 44-yarder in the 4th quarter to give us the first win over Wofford in 3 seasons and kicked a 54-yarder to beat SDSU. The guy could miss a chip-shot FG and nail a mile-long kick in the same game.

2014 and 2015 were really decent in the kicking game. I remember Alex Hanks hitting 3 field goals against NC State and wondering who had kidnapped him and put on his uniform.
    Dudley was shanking XPs in 2004, but no one remembers (and everyone told me to shut up about it cause we were blowing people out). He had consistency issues his whole career, but yea it did get worse under BVG.

Quote Originally Posted by blueisbetterthanpurple View Post
    Mora, Koo, and Bass are our last three kickers. Hey made a HUGE difference in our overall chances to win games.

Mora doesnít get quite as much credit as Koo and Bass probably because of leg strength. Mora didnít miss anything under 40 yards, but results were a mixed bag with anything over 45. I donít even remember us attempting 50+ with him. Probably for good reason.

Koo was very accurate, and also had the ability to hit 50+ yarders.

Bass has a chance to be our all time best kicker. He has the combo of leg strength and accuracy.
    Mora's last year was 11....so you definitely tuned out Alex Hanks.

Wasn't Dudely all SoCon then started to lose it under BVG?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

The inability to make easy field goals costus a 7th national championship and I will never believe otherwise. Not even because what happens in the NDSU game. If we donít miss Field goals against Citadel and App we ar probably the number one seed and playing home games all the way through the playoffs.

Koo wasnít really great until his junior year. He never could really seem to beat out Alex Hanks and missed the extra point on Mckinnonís touchdown at the end of the Florida game his freshman year. 2013 in some ways was more disappointing because I thought he was going to save the day kicking wise but I still held my breath any time either one of them went out to kick.

7. Default Re: Kicker Univ?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Mora's last year was 11....so you definitely tuned out Alex Hanks.
    Ha! Yeah I definitely forgot about him. Hanks was good, but Koo deserved to win the job long before he ended up being the starter. Koo wasnít automatic in his younger years, but he shouldíve won that starting job sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    The inability to make easy field goals costus a 7th national championship and I will never believe otherwise. Not even because what happens in the NDSU game. If we don’t miss Field goals against Citadel and App we ar probably the number one seed and playing home games all the way through the playoffs.

Koo wasn’t really great until his junior year. He never could really seem to beat out Alex Hanks and missed the extra point on Mckinnon’s touchdown at the end of the Florida game his freshman year. 2013 in some ways was more disappointing because I thought he was going to save the day kicking wise but I still held my breath any time either one of them went out to kick.
    Lets not forget Sammy f’ing Baker forgetting to put in a bid to have a home playoff game against Wofford. Yes, we won that game, but no telling how the travel in back to back weeks worked against us.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Koo did miss that 30 something against Georgia..we should have never gone to OT!
    Jim Eure
    GS 1974

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Dudley was shanking XPs in 2004, but no one remembers (and everyone told me to shut up about it cause we were blowing people out). He had consistency issues his whole career, but yea it did get worse under BVG.
    I remember. It was bad.

His kickoffs were also “iffy.”
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops