TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

  1. #31

    Default Re: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Crucified, no. We went down the court on 3 successive possessions though and took bad shots and then followed that up with bad defense. Went from up one to down 9 in the blink of an eye.

    We lost our defensive intensity and lost the game in the process right then and there.

    Would have liked to have seen Coach B. break that up with a timeout but that didn't happen.
    +1 same thing we did against GASTAE

  2. #32

    Default Re: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

    We have all seen this movie before........same as past years. It's just extra hard this year because of the talent we have and the Sun Belt being weak this year.
    We are still in the mix, but their is no legit excuse for us not being on top instead of being in the mix.

  3. Default Re: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

    I actually think this is the best the Sun Belt has been basketball wise since we’ve been in it. The only team that’s down this year is ULL.

  4. #34

    Default Re: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

    Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    We have all seen this movie before........same as past years. It's just extra hard this year because of the talent we have and the Sun Belt being weak this year.
    We are still in the mix, but their is no legit excuse for us not being on top instead of being in the mix.
    If the SunBelt is weak this year, it’s the strongest weak I have ever seen it. This league has some all star players in it including some on our team. I won’t bore you with the list of players but let’s say TB will not be 1st team SB this year and that is legit. Smith from ULM May be playing the best of any player in the league. Wow, plays 40 min against our press and canning tough 3s at the end of the game. Tip of the hat to him. And we aren’t the only team he has done that to. If ULM had one more player they would have a chance to win some in the big tourney.

  5. #35

    Default Re: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I actually think this is the best the Sun Belt has been basketball wise since we’ve been in it. The only team that’s down this year is ULL.

    +1. And they have one of the best players in the league if not the best in Gant and the SC transfer at guard. Had the injury bug not hit them so hard they would be the best team in the league. They played very good basketball against GagState and beat them legitimately. GagState put on a run to start the second half and took the lead and ULL not only held them off but hit some huge shots down the stretch to beat them. We’ll get a taste of the best player in the league on Friday when Varnado comes to town. We played one of our best games this year when we beat Troy up there. We can’t sleep on USA either as they have an outstanding big man. If we can finish 5-2 we will be top 4 if not top 2.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Evans, GA
    Posts
    16,865

    Default Re: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

    After this week, the Sunbelt probably won't have a single team ranked in the mid-major top 20. Meanwhile, the Socon has 3 in the top 10, including #2 and #3. This league is there for the taking.

  7. #37

    Default Re: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    After this week, the Sunbelt probably won't have a single team ranked in the mid-major top 20. Meanwhile, the Socon has 3 in the top 10, including #2 and #3. This league is there for the taking.
    +1

  8. #38

    Default Re: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I actually think this is the best the Sun Belt has been basketball wise since we’ve been in it. The only team that’s down this year is ULL.
    Every team in the conference has double digit losses expect for Texas State (who had a weak out of conference schedule) and GASTATE
    UTA is tied for first with a 11-12 overall record. The southern conference is much stronger than the Sun Belt this year.

  9. #39

    Default Re: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

    Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    Every team in the conference has double digit losses expect for Texas State (who had a weak out of conference schedule) and GASTATE
    UTA is tied for first with a 11-12 overall record. The southern conference is much stronger than the Sun Belt this year.
    I looked at the SoCon rankings. They have 4 teams at the topand the rest are not good. Mercer is middle of the pack and we blasted them on their floor. The rankings are based on wins-losses so if you play in a 4 team league your records are going to be good. I agree, the SoCon top 4 is probably better than our top 4 but top to bottom,no way. Would be fun though to have a SunBelt/ SoCon challenge like the Big10/ACC.

  10. #40

    Default Re: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

    People making excuses for this conference are hilarious. Same guys saying App State is a legitimate threat in basketball.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Similar Threads

  1. Dinner Friday night...
    By gsu2583 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11th December 2012, 08:14 AM
  2. Friday Night in Williamsburg
    By BoroNative in forum Tailgate, Travel and Meeting Talk
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 3rd December 2010, 09:49 PM
  3. Any Friday Night Tailgaters for HC?
    By RockinEagle in forum Tailgate, Travel and Meeting Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 6th November 2008, 12:55 PM
  4. Any Friday Night Tailgaters for ASU?
    By RockinEagle in forum Tailgate, Travel and Meeting Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16th October 2008, 07:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •