TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

  1. Default Re: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    A key play in the game was when we were up 5 with the ball. McCadden dribbles it up himself, drives into a crowd, and throws a wild pass into the 5th row. They reel off 6 straight and get the lead back when we were starting to take control.

    I'll also add that as aggressive as Tookie was and he gets 1 FT attempt while Smith gets 15. That's joke officiating.
    That's not the first time that's happened this year....

  2. #22

    Default Re: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

    First round fodder in the tourney
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  3. #23

    Default Re: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

    So, ULM is 11-1 at home and our team gets crucified by the fans for the loss. We shot the 3 well, >50% from the field and very aggressive defensively. ULM just finished very well with some difficult shots down the stretch. I think TB is not getting the calls this year. He gets bumped and pushed a lot aggressively taking the ball to the rack but no calls. We still have a shot at the top, just need to finish strong.

  4. #24

    Default Re: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

    Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    So, ULM is 11-1 at home and our team gets crucified by the fans for the loss. We shot the 3 well, >50% from the field and very aggressive defensively. ULM just finished very well with some difficult shots down the stretch. I think TB is not getting the calls this year. He gets bumped and pushed a lot aggressively taking the ball to the rack but no calls. We still have a shot at the top, just need to finish strong.
    Crucified, no. We went down the court on 3 successive possessions though and took bad shots and then followed that up with bad defense. Went from up one to down 9 in the blink of an eye.

    We lost our defensive intensity and lost the game in the process right then and there.

    Would have liked to have seen Coach B. break that up with a timeout but that didn't happen.
    ďGentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.Ē ― Vince Lombardi Jr.





  5. #25

    Default Re: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Crucified, no. We went down the court on 3 successive possessions though and took bad shots and then followed that up with bad defense. Went from up one to down 9 in the blink of an eye.

    We lost our defensive intensity and lost the game in the process right then and there.

    Would have liked to have seen Coach B. break that up with a timeout but that didn't happen.
    Thatís game management. And thatís on the HBC.

  6. #26

    Default Re: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

    Well, at least we aren’t GagState with their great coach. They lose to ULL.

    And ULM gets no credit in beating us. I’ll take how we played tonight on the road against probably the best home team in the conference. We had a good chance, yes blew a few possessions but Smith did can consecutive 3s from very deep. TB played great but he missed some shots in the lane late that could have kept us in the game. I see the game as ULM winning and not us losing. There is a difference. We have certainly lost some games this year but when a good team defends their court then tip your hat and go to the next one. Hope to make the Wednesday game but will be there Friday night for sure! GATA
    Last edited by leeman; 8th February 2019 at 11:23 PM.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Evans, GA
    Posts
    16,628

    Default Re: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

    We have 7 games left, 5 of which are at home. Only 1 team in those 5 have a winning record in the conference. The 2 road games are very winnable against the Carolina teams. Winning out needs to be our mindset. We do that, and we go into the tournament with a lot of momentum and probably one of the top 2 seeds.

  8. #28

    Default Re: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

    Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    So, ULM is 11-1 at home and our team gets crucified by the fans for the loss. We shot the 3 well, >50% from the field and very aggressive defensively. ULM just finished very well with some difficult shots down the stretch. I think TB is not getting the calls this year. He gets bumped and pushed a lot aggressively taking the ball to the rack but no calls. We still have a shot at the top, just need to finish strong.
    Itís because we lost the same way we have lost almost every time this year. We go from looking like we were about to take over the game to turning the ball over and playing just lazy defense. Honestly, I donít know how many more times Iím going to be able to watch a pass underneath to the guy who then slams it in. They did it on two straight possessions when they went on their run tonight.

    Also, we got out hustled when were on defense. They had 11 offensive rebounds tonight to our two. Towards the end of the game they fought for the ball and got second and even third chance points off of it. When you are getting out hustled by a team playing only six guys something is seriously wrong.

  9. #29

    Default Re: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

    Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    It’s because we lost the same way we have lost almost every time this year. We go from looking like we were about to take over the game to turning the ball over and playing just lazy defense. Honestly, I don’t know how many more times I’m going to be able to watch a pass underneath to the guy who then slams it in. They did it on two straight possessions when they went on their run tonight.

    Also, we got out hustled when were on defense. They had 11 offensive rebounds tonight to our two. Towards the end of the game they fought for the ball and got second and even third chance points off of it. When you are getting out hustled by a team playing only six guys something is seriously wrong.
    bingo, we gave up 11 we only got 2. We shot higher percentage in every shooting category. They made a few more "3's" and a few more foul shots. We didn't play bad but we failed in crunch time. 6 teams in the SB have decent chances to win tournament and we are one of them.

  10. #30

    Default Re: MBB @ Monroe - Friday Night

    Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Well, at least we aren’t GagState with their great coach. They lose to ULL.
    ULL beat us on our home floor......

Similar Threads

  1. Dinner Friday night...
    By gsu2583 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11th December 2012, 08:14 AM
  2. Friday Night in Williamsburg
    By BoroNative in forum Tailgate, Travel and Meeting Talk
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 3rd December 2010, 09:49 PM
  3. Any Friday Night Tailgaters for HC?
    By RockinEagle in forum Tailgate, Travel and Meeting Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 6th November 2008, 12:55 PM
  4. Any Friday Night Tailgaters for ASU?
    By RockinEagle in forum Tailgate, Travel and Meeting Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16th October 2008, 07:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •