TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB: Eagles at Georgia State

Default MBB: Eagles at Georgia State

Two questions:

1. Is anyone going up there to the game on Super Bowl weekend?

and

2. Is D'Marcus Simonds hurt? Notice he's been limited in action lately.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Default Re: MBB: Eagles at Georgia State

Will be watching from the comforts of my couch. Traffic up there should be nice and terrible all weekend.

I unfortunately opted to pass because of the Super Bowl chaos.

As for Simonds, it's possible there's something up. On the podcast, Danny mentioned that in a post-game interview, coach Hunter said Simonds came to him at half-time and said, "I don't have it", and ended up sitting the entire second half. That could just be a cover-up though, but that's about all I know

4. Default Re: MBB: Eagles at Georgia State

I will not be going back to their "campus" after our experience last year.

I went to the football game this past season only because it was far enough outside of that hell hole and it was more of a home game for us.

I hate not being there to support our guys, but it is what it is. And yeah I was wondering how on Earth Simonds, the defending SBC POY had 1 point on 0-9 shooting on Saturday.

We have two very poor home losses and now a very tough stretch at State and at the two Louisiana schools. If we can find some way to take 2 out of these next three we would be in great shape the rest of the way. We could also easily lose the next three. But after these next 3, the last 7 are all very winnable IF we can stay healthy and play up to our capability.

Remember the conference tournament is back to double byes for the top two seeds this year. It will likely take 12, if not 13 or 14 conference wins to secure at least the 2 seed. It's still a seven team race for those spots, and will likely whittle down to 4 or 5 fighting for seeding as we hit the home stretch.

My wife and I will be there. Hope we won’t be alone!

Quote Originally Posted by 94eagle View Post
    My wife and I will be there. Hope we won’t be alone!

I am going with at least 1 other maybe 3 others. Taking Marta even though it's only a 10 minute drive from my house. Will hit CNN before for a quick beer and meal.

EDIT: ok 3 confirmed total. Waiting on 1 more.
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 31st January 2019 at 08:15 AM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Whoever does scheduling for the Sun Belt just makes some of the worst judgements. I just don’t understand why you do this game in Atlanta the day before the super bowl is being hosted in Atlanta. I don’t know why bringing a few thousand extra people into already crowded downtown makes sense. A lot of people are also going to not come because of traffic. This is one of the conference’s best attended games normally. Don’t give people a reason not to come. It’s the same thing as us playing then in Hanner on New Year’s Eve a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Whoever does scheduling for the Sun Belt just makes some of the worst judgements. I just don’t understand why you do this game in Atlanta the day before the super bowl is being hosted in Atlanta. I don’t know why bringing a few thousand extra people into already crowded downtown makes sense. A lot of people are also going to not come because of traffic. This is one of the conference’s best attended games normally. Don’t give people a reason not to come. It’s the same thing as us playing then in Hanner on New Year’s Eve a few years ago.
    These Saturday games usually sell out when we play them in Atlanta. My friend bought his ticket last night. I remember about 3 years ago trying to buy tickets like 2 weeks before the game and it was sold out.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

The bad news is the game is on ESPN+, and I cancelled my subscription so I won't be able to watch.

The good news is I can't remember the last time I actually watched us WIN a basketball game. Every time I watch we stink.

Go eagles.