TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sewak

1. Default Re: Sewak

This might be my favorite thread of all time...we are blasting GT fans as idiots considering starting pay is $70k first year out of school (ours is $48k)...and calling them delusional when we have a thread on this site that suggest we should get GT graduate OL Parker Braun because he fits (when in fact he is probably headed to join his 6'6" 300# brother at an SEC school to increase his draft stock)

GT hire was a really good one...he will win some games and have some great season and if there long enough will wind up with the same average win/loss percentage as most of the rest...as long as Tech continues to require the math classes for ALL students, they will continue to struggle with getting kids in and keeping them eligible.

Man we live in a world where we have no mirrors.

Default Re: Sewak

Quote Originally Posted by EagleDad View Post
    This might be my favorite thread of all time...we are blasting GT fans as idiots considering starting pay is $70k first year out of school (ours is $48k)...and calling them delusional when we have a thread on this site that suggest we should get GT graduate OL Parker Braun because he fits (when in fact he is probably headed to join his 6'6" 300# brother at an SEC school to increase his draft stock)

GT hire was a really good one...he will win some games and have some great season and if there long enough will wind up with the same average win/loss percentage as most of the rest...as long as Tech continues to require the math classes for ALL students, they will continue to struggle with getting kids in and keeping them eligible.

"We"?

Consider the source here. It's hardly representative (I pray).
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Thats cute!
    Sound awfully familiar with fans of another school in downtown Atlanta

I don't see anything telling me he's not basically Chan Gailey part 2. He can recruit well? Super. So could Gailey.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

5. Default Re: Sewak

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I don't see anything telling me he's not basically Chan Gailey part 2. He can recruit well? Super. So could Gailey.
    There was nothing that said CL wasn't another TS either. PJ retired and Tech decided to try something totally different. Good for them. Whether it works is anyone's guess, but we certainly don't have any room to cast stones at anybody where coach selection is concerned.

6. Default Re: Sewak

Same thing that a family member that graduated from Tech said.

Absolutely no love for GT a program or their fans. Starting salary has zero to do with class or stature of a fan base. Their fans are pricks plain and simple. Every fan base has delusional fans, but ours don't get on my nerves as much as theirs. Would have been so sweet to finish off the comeback last time we played them. Doubt we get the shot again for a long time. I'm rooting for their failure in everything they do... Same as every other school not in Statesboro GA.
    Jarad B Brown
    C/O 2006
    Savannah GA

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    There was nothing that said CL wasn't another TS either. PJ retired and Tech decided to try something totally different. Good for them. Whether it works is anyone's guess, but we certainly don't have any room to cast stones at anybody where coach selection is concerned.
    There was clear differences between Lunsford and Summers. Lunsford ran the program for half a season and turned possibly the worst team in FBS to a decent G5 team by season's end. He had a better staff and had an OC who had actually coached the offense he was intending to run. He coached under 4 different head coaches here.

But even if we ignore all of that it's not like there was any giddiness by the fans after he was promoted. We had a number of people who took the time to remind us we hired a guy with a 2-4 record as a head coach. On the other hand Tech fans bid good riddance to one of their top coaches ever in terms of win percentage and embrace a guy that went 15-10 at Temple after his predecessor had back-to-back 10-win seasons. Because "option offense bad", or something.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 7th February 2019 at 01:25 PM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

9. Default Re: Sewak

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    There was clear differences between Lunsford and Summers. Lunsford ran the program for half a season and turned possibly the worst team in FBS to a decent G5 team by season's end. He had a better staff and had an OC who had actually coached the offense he was intending to run. He coached under 4 different head coaches here.

But even if we ignore all of that it's not like there was any giddiness by the fans after he was promoted. We had a number of people who took the time to remind us we hired a guy with a 2-4 record as a head coach. On the other hand Tech fans bid good riddance to one of their top coaches ever in terms of win percentage and embrace a guy that went 15-10 at Temple after his predecessor had back-to-back 10-win seasons. Because "option offense bad", or something.
    Actually there is a pretty good split among the Tech fans that I know about whether they hired the right guy and whether they should get away from option football. You can't find them now, but most people were not sure at all that CL was the right guy for us. It's kind of interesting that if we had plenty of money CL would probably not have gotten the job.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown0023 View Post
    Absolutely no love for GT a program or their fans. Starting salary has zero to do with class or stature of a fan base. Their fans are pricks plain and simple. Every fan base has delusional fans, but ours don't get on my nerves as much as theirs. Would have been so sweet to finish off the comeback last time we played them. Doubt we get the shot again for a long time. I'm rooting for their failure in everything they do... Same as every other school not in Statesboro GA.
    really? You think that has anything to do with the fact that you are never on the other end of the berating some of our fans take out on other fans?

I had zero negative experiences with GT fans, and I don't know anybody personally that had any bad experiences. Vastly different than the WVU or UGA game.

I have an idea on why a couple of the posters who said GT fans treated them poorly, got treated such a way, but I digress.