TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MBB vs TXST

1. Default Re: MBB vs TXST

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I have been as critical as anyone the last two years so I will be the first to say that was one heck of a basketball game. Looked like a lot of the adjustments that have needed to be made for a while were made and we saw what this team is capable of. The shots we were making in the paint were just incredible. We were still awful from three point land, but we limited our three point shots this game so it didn’t hurt us like it has most of the year.
    What did we do different? I wasn't able to make the game.

Default Re: MBB vs TXST

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I have been as critical as anyone the last two years so I will be the first to say that was one heck of a basketball game. Looked like a lot of the adjustments that have needed to be made for a while were made and we saw what this team is capable of. The shots we were making in the paint were just incredible. We were still awful from three point land, but we limited our three point shots this game so it didn’t hurt us like it has most of the year.
    BINGO!, take the darn ball to the hole, take it to the rim. We did that over and over tonight and looked like a darn good team. I could care less if we ever shot another 3 all season. Defense INTENSITY was there ALL night and even more in 2nd half. Carter finally played STRONG in the paint defensively and offensively. #2 is going to be a good one(great stat line tonight). TOOKIE's BLOCK, OH MY, OH MY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    What did we do different? I wasn't able to make the game.
    Drove the ball over and over again to the rim and banged the offensive board, played with great intensity entire game. Defensive intensity was there along with our offensive intensity.

We appeared to have played our best defensive game & foul shooting game of the season. A great win and now let's go do the same thing to GAGstate.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleDawg View Post
    We appeared to have played our best defensive game & foul shooting game of the season. A great win and now let's go do the same thing to GAGstate.
    we also offensively PLAYED TO OUR STRENGTH(drive the ball to the rim), attempting to fire up 20-30 three pointers is NOT this teams strength.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    we also offensively PLAYED TO OUR STRENGTH(drive the ball to the rim), attempting to fire up 20-30 three pointers is NOT this teams strength.
    thank heavens we only took 14 three pointers because again, we shot a whopping 21%.

Defensively played well with only a few breakdowns. Did a better job taking care of the ball. Didn’t see a lot of careless possessions which is what cost us on Thursday. McCadden keeps getting better, long with a good defensive mindset. He hit 2 of 3 threes, had some really good moments in the lane and also made some good passes. This team can shoot the 3 better than they have been. TB and DLJ were 0-7 from three. How many times is that going to happen? Can’t tell those 2 not to shoot open threes. Several of them went half way down and then back out. I liked the rotation with Glenn and Carter both setting up high in a stack and rotating out. Put a lot of pressure on their D which is the best in the conference and I thought we handled it well tonight. Montae is playing really good basketball down low, keeping balls alive, playing tough around the rim. TSU got frustrated by him tonight. Good win, get some rest and go steal one from GagState!

Good win. Would have been nice to get the sweep this week.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Defensively played well with only a few breakdowns. Did a better job taking care of the ball. Didn’t see a lot of careless possessions which is what cost us on Thursday. McCadden keeps getting better, long with a good defensive mindset. He hit 2 of 3 threes, had some really good moments in the lane and also made some good passes. This team can shoot the 3 better than they have been. TB and DLJ were 0-7 from three. How many times is that going to happen? Can’t tell those 2 not to shoot open threes. Several of them went half way down and then back out. I liked the rotation with Glenn and Carter both setting up high in a stack and rotating out. Put a lot of pressure on their D which is the best in the conference and I thought we handled it well tonight. Montae is playing really good basketball down low, keeping balls alive, playing tough around the rim. TSU got frustrated by him tonight. Good win, get some rest and go steal one from GagState!
    +1000 on Glenn he is so important to this team. I thought Crowly at times played strong in the paint(physical). Just overall a better game, kids much more focused. Regarding the 3 shooting, yes, you would think we'd shoot better but the stats after two thirds of the season show that we don't. So let's hope we continue to play offensively to our strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1000 on Glenn he is so important to this team. I thought Crowly at times played strong in the paint(physical). Just overall a better game, kids much more focused. Regarding the 3 shooting, yes, you would think we'd shoot better but the stats after two thirds of the season show that we don't. So let's hope we continue to play offensively to our strengths.
    You are right - we can shoot the 3 better, but this team is not going to be a good 3 pt. shooting team. After 2/3rd of the year, you are what you are.
    Glen is doing a nice job down low, when he gets it going - we need to feed him.

Keys to this win:
    We played better D. We can play better D, but played good D.
    Played 2 halves.
    Won the free throw contest (we were 21/25)
    Didn't turn the ball over as much and had much better shot selection.
    Coaching

In todays basketball of running players in and out of the game. CB made a nice coaching move in the second half.
    We got on a run and was playing good ball. The 5 guys on the court were in a rhythm and he stuck with them. That usually goes unnoticed, but was huge IMO. I hope we see more of that going forward. If a group of 5 gets in a rhythm, stick with them.