TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MBB vs TXST

Default Re: MBB vs TXST

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    You are right - we can shoot the 3 better, but this team is not going to be a good 3 pt. shooting team. After 2/3rd of the year, you are what you are.
    Glen is doing a nice job down low, when he gets it going - we need to feed him.

Keys to this win:
    We played better D. We can play better D, but played good D.
    Played 2 halves.
    Won the free throw contest (we were 21/25)
    Didn't turn the ball over as much and had much better shot selection.
    Coaching

In todays basketball of running players in and out of the game. CB made a nice coaching move in the second half.
    We got on a run and was playing good ball. The 5 guys on the court were in a rhythm and he stuck with them. That usually goes unnoticed, but was huge IMO. I hope we see more of that going forward. If a group of 5 gets in a rhythm, stick with them.
    I noticed that as well. I remember a timeout and he had QJ, CW and IC on the bench but didn’t make a change. I thought McCadden and Carter were playing well and that group seemed to be dominating TSU so he left them in. McCadden ended the night with 28 minutes which was huge. He seems to have a lot of confidence now. May be the piece that we need. Again, I really thought having Carter and Glenn out there together for a significant amount of time was big down low. Seemed to open things up for Montae because Carter is a offensive threat but has the length defensively to cause problems in the paint. This Saturday will be a war but I like the guys we have now. I’ve watched State play and they will be a tough matchup because of their length at guard. This is going to be fun down the stretch. A lot of good teams who are playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    I noticed that as well. I remember a timeout and he had QJ, CW and IC on the bench but didn’t make a change. I thought McCadden and Carter were playing well and that group seemed to be dominating TSU so he left them in. McCadden ended the night with 28 minutes which was huge. He seems to have a lot of confidence now. May be the piece that we need. Again, I really thought having Carter and Glenn out there together for a significant amount of time was big down low. Seemed to open things up for Montae because Carter is a offensive threat but has the length defensively to cause problems in the paint. This Saturday will be a war but I like the guys we have now. I’ve watched State play and they will be a tough matchup because of their length at guard. This is going to be fun down the stretch. A lot of good teams who are playing well.
    WHEN Carter plays physical him and Glenn can be a force as we saw last night. When Carter thinks he's a 3 point shooter and starts to play "silky and smooth", well he's not that effective. With Glenn banging as a five, we need someone stepping up as a POWER forward and that's how Carter played last night and at times Crowly.

Defensively we forced 4-5 shot clock violations one could say we beat TexSt at their own game, defense I'm not sure we could have played any better to be honest. Overall we played smart and Physical along with minimizing firing up threes

We played a team that coming off the high of beating gagstate- the most best-est team in the whole universe. T.State wasn't "up" for us and we had just come off an unmotivated, flat, stupid loss and we needed to redeem ourselves badly. Either way, I'll take it.

Too bad no one got Tookie's block, it was a ESPN type highlight block, flat out amazing and the crowd went wild!

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Too bad no one got Tookie's block, it was a ESPN type highlight block, flat out amazing and the crowd went wild!
    It was awesome!!!