TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring Game March 9th

Default Re: Spring Game March 9th

I will be curious to hear the thought process behind moving Spring practice up so much. Surely one of the reporters will ask.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Only thing I see is that this puts spring practice so it is done and over before the last day to withdraw without academic penalty.

The past several years App has done their spring practice period really early and gotten it over before everyone else out there pretty much, and didn't even have a spring game.

Part of the discussion behind that was to get practice out of the way to allow a longer period of time to focus on recovery and conditioning since it wouldn't be interrupted by the practice schedule. With us having both Sloan and Greenlhagh (I never spell his name right ) from that staff, they may have seen some promise behind doing that and been part of why it's moved.

It could also simply be to get more options for fan involvement on that day as well.

4. Default Re: Spring Game March 9th

I think having them all on the same day is a great idea. Kinda weird that it's so early this year, but like it's already been said, other schools have early spring games and it has worked out. I like that they are marketing it as Trifecta Day. Seems like a great chance to get alums back to campus and have enough events to where we can bring our families and make a day out of it. I already wanted to go to the GAST game anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    The past several years App has done their spring practice period really early and gotten it over before everyone else out there pretty much, and didn't even have a spring game.

Part of the discussion behind that was to get practice out of the way to allow a longer period of time to focus on recovery and conditioning since it wouldn't be interrupted by the practice schedule. With us having both Sloan and Greenlhagh (I never spell his name right ) from that staff, they may have seen some promise behind doing that and been part of why it's moved.

It could also simply be to get more options for fan involvement on that day as well.

This is what one of the coaches told me too
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    I will be curious to hear the thought process behind moving Spring practice up so much. Surely one of the reporters will ask.
    Lunsford discussed it in the new article up now on GSEagles.com about Spring Practice.

This seems weird to put the EFAA event at the same time as basketball. They couldn't do EFAA on Friday night?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    Lunsford discussed it in the new article up now on GSEagles.com about Spring Practice.

This seems weird to put the EFAA event at the same time as basketball. They couldn't do EFAA on Friday night?
    Any other team outside of App and State this isn't an issue, most I think would choose the EFAA. The attendance numbers in basketball when we play those 2 is very high. Considering the number of people that come from Atlanta for this event, that doesn't make financial sense. Who is going to take a half day or day off work for this? Or do you want a 10 p.m. start time so the Atlanta folks can make it down on a Friday night? Also you're looking at 2 hotel nights for all the out of town crew, vs 1. EFAA is in a no win situation.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Wed., Feb. 13; 5:45-8 PM
    Fri., Feb. 15; 4:30-7:15 PM
    Sat., Feb. 16; 10:15 AM-12:30 PM (Eagle Creek)

Tues., Feb. 19; 5:45-8 PM
    Wed., Feb. 20; 5:45-8 PM
    Fri., Feb. 22; 4:30-7:15 PM
    Sat., Feb. 23; 10:15 AM-12:30 PM (Scrimmage #1)

Tues., Feb. 26; 5:45-8 PM
    Wed., Feb. 27; 5:45-8 PM
    Fri., March 1; 4:30-7:15 PM
    Sat., March 2; 10:15 AM-12:30 PM (Scrimmage #2)

Tues., March 5; 5:30-7:30 PM
    Wed., March 6; 5:30-7:30 PM
    Fri., March 8; 4:30-7:15 PM
    Sat., March 9; 11 a.m. (SPRING GAME)

https://gseagles.com/news/2019/1/23/...ssOrOkVvI2NSok

When can we renew season tickets and parking?
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

The deadlines have not been announced yet. It's usually later in the year like June maybe. I can't remember.