TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415

Thread: Graduation Ceremonies Moving to Savannah

1. Default Re: Graduation Ceremonies Moving to Savannah

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    I would remind you that donations to Athletics don't go to the administration responsible for graduation ceremonies. I stopped donating to my colleges long ago when they stopped teaching.
    He didn’t say anything about athletics.

Default Re: Graduation Ceremonies Moving to Savannah

Quote Originally Posted by aristocracker View Post
    Here's the view from above of Paulson Stadium:
    That is a very sad photo!

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    He didn’t say anything about athletics.
    That's my point. People might want to differentiate between donating to Athletics and donating in general. I can support Eagle Athletics without supporting the USG.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    That's my point. People might want to differentiate between donating to Athletics and donating in general. I can support Eagle Athletics without supporting the USG.
    This is misguided. Any and all donations made to Georgia Southern- either to Athletics via the Athletic Foundation, or to the Georgia Southern University Foundation, go exactly where donors direct their giving.

I don't want to get into the USG and how it views or treats Georgia Southern or any of the politics of consolidation or higher education politics in Georgia.

I get what you are saying and where you are coming from, but if you actively choose not to support the University Foundation (which provides student scholarships, program support, faculty and student travel/conferences, etc.) that is certainly fine and a personal choice. But please do not negatively influence others who do wish to support the University.

We need all the support we can get, and I would think this being a forum for Georgia Southern Athletics that we can all support both Athletics and the University, even if the USG has oversight.

5. Default Re: Graduation Ceremonies Moving to Savannah

Apparently, 96% of 2,000 surveys collected from adendees of the recent commencement ceremonies reported a negative experience.

https://www.wtoc.com/2019/06/04/geor...encement-plan/

I hope releasing the survey results and information about the size of the venue is a subtle cry to both the city of Statesboro and the BoR.

(A guy can dream, can't he?)
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I hope releasing the survey results and information about the size of the venue is a subtle cry to both the city of Statesboro and the BoR.

(A guy can dream, can't he?)
    The BOR will see it and immediately a new 25,000 seat convocation center with shared athletic/academic space is approved for the Armstrong campus.

GSUFans implodes.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    The BOR will see it and immediately a new 25,000 seat convocation center with shared athletic/academic space is approved for the Armstrong campus.

GSUFans implodes.
    I mean, I'd kinda lose my **** about that too.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post

GSUFans implodes.
    That would be pretty sweet seeing as how ten years in there would still be seats where you could be the first person ever to sit in them.