TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 LastLast

Thread: So did we rework Lunsford and the assistants contracts?

Default Re: So did we rework Lunsford and the assistants contracts?

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    GREAT POST!
    I doubt Lunsford will go any where for 3 years and thats if he can prove that he can be consistent. As far as pay, GSU does need to keep up, but at the same time we pay what we can. How do we give 800,000 to a G5 HC at GSU and raise the coaching staffs pay until we beat P5 teams and get TV money& fill our stadium again??????
    I think the biggest issue was the assistant pay.
    How do you fill the stadium again?
    A: Win.
    How do you grow fan base and donations?
    A: Win
    How do you a beat a P5?

So, is coaching staff continuity a Paramount component of winning? A: #&!! Yeah it is!

We have witnessed a time lapse display of what continuous coaching/staff turnover can do to a winning record. Sometimes it's too late to make a counter offer to an assistant. We don't want them looking or feeling under appreciated Imop.

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    I think the biggest issue was the assistant pay.
    How do you fill the stadium again?
    A: Win.
    How do you grow fan base and donations?
    How do you a beat a P5?

So, is coaching staff continuity a Paramount component of winning? A: #&!! Yeah it is!

We have witnessed a time lapse display of what continuous coaching/staff turnover can do to a winning record. Sometimes it's too late to make a counter offer to an assistant. We don't want them looking or feeling under appreciated Imop.

this is true in every job/industry.

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    I'll try to hunt it down, if it's even still out there, but he called someone "a piece of *&%t".... that's gonna get you a ban hammer everytime.
    Short answer, he earned it.

Move on TALON. He's done.

POS is the line huh?
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    I'll try to hunt it down, if it's even still out there, but he called someone "a piece of *&%t".... that's gonna get you a ban hammer everytime.
    I can see that.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Short answer, he earned it.

Move on TALON. He's done.
    Just asking
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Just a quick update.

Hello.
    I would like to request the most recently submitted contract details for Georgia Southern University head football coach Chad Lunsford and assistants.
    Thank you.

-

I am writing in response to your Open Records Request dated February 13, 2019. Our office is not in possession of any documents that are responsive to your Open Records Request. Georgia Southern University may have documents responsive to your request. The Open Records Officer for Georgia Southern University may be reach at records@georgiasouthern.edu. There are no search and retrieval fees due for this request.

Legal Counsel
    Board of Regents of the
    University System of Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Just a quick update.

Hello.
    I would like to request the most recently submitted contract details for Georgia Southern University head football coach Chad Lunsford and assistants.
    Thank you.

-

I am writing in response to your Open Records Request dated February 13, 2019. Our office is not in possession of any documents that are responsive to your Open Records Request. Georgia Southern University may have documents responsive to your request. The Open Records Officer for Georgia Southern University may be reach at records@georgiasouthern.edu. There are no search and retrieval fees due for this request.

Legal Counsel
    Board of Regents of the
    University System of Georgia
    Interesting. I believe there are two components to the salary/contracts with coaches. There is the part paid by the BOR and the part paid by the AF. The BOR does not pay CCL or even Smart the bulk of yhe contracts, but typically around $300k if my memory is correct. The remainder is paid and guranteed by the AF. I wonder if the reworked contracts are with the AF and not the BOR, thus why the BOR did not have them, or perhaps the reworked contracts have not been executed yet?

From the original release a month ago:
    Georgia Southern University and head football coach Chad Lunsford have reached an agreement in principle to a re-working and extension of the coaching contract that will keep Lunsford in Statesboro through 2023, pending approval from the Board of Regents.
    Under this agreement, the contracts of Lunsford, the 10 assistant coaches and several support staff members were re-worked to increase the salaries and restructure the incentive packages.
    Financial terms of the agreement will be disclosed upon approval.

The wording is a little ambiguous because they say they've agreed to reworking them, then they say they've been reworked. So, I thought I'd just do an FOI request out of curiosity.

10. Default Re: So did we rework Lunsford and the assistants contracts?

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    From the original release a month ago:
    Georgia Southern University and head football coach Chad Lunsford have reached an agreement in principle to a re-working and extension of the coaching contract that will keep Lunsford in Statesboro through 2023, pending approval from the Board of Regents.
    Under this agreement, the contracts of Lunsford, the 10 assistant coaches and several support staff members were re-worked to increase the salaries and restructure the incentive packages.
    Financial terms of the agreement will be disclosed upon approval.

The wording is a little ambiguous because they say they've agreed to reworking them, then they say they've been reworked. So, I thought I'd just do an FOI request out of curiosity.
    I think the modifications could have been done via the continuity fund and/or the athletic foundation. As such, the BOR is probably not involved